Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sad Kitten?

     This delightful kitten image was drawn by my blogging buddy, Teresa, at Tickell Expressions, and she labelled it "Sad Kitten."  I told her I didn't think the kitten was sad, only intrigued by something he'd seen.  She told me I had a good imagination so I had to do a card to see if I could prove my point.   I sent her the photo and she asked if she could showcase it on her blog.  I was honored by that.   :-D


     The little snail and mushrooms image came from Drawn by Krista and it seemed perfect for the line-of-sight object which caught the kitten's attention.  I colored both images with my ProMarkers and a couple of Copics, then die cut with simple circle dies (QuicKutz.)  Both papers were scraps left over from scrapbooking and the blue background is the actual card front.  I used one of my bow-tie bows for embellishment, keeping it pretty flat and CAS.  I haven't decided on a sentiment yet but I'd guess that when it grows up, it's going to be a masculine birthday card.

     Challenges:
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Catz
Create and Inspire
Creative Fingers
Hiding in My Craft Room
I {heart} ProMarkers
Paper Girls
Send a Smile 4 Kids
SUYP Cats Only

     I leave in another 2 days and will be gone for about 12 days.  I have a few posts pre-scheduled.  I've tried to get around to visiting each of your blogs this week but admit that time has just gotten away from me.  My internet connection may or may not exist while I'm gone but I promise to catch up when I return.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

10 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is adorable. I love your take on my "sad" kitten. This card is purrfect and your coloring of the kitten is marvelous. hugs, Teresa

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous kitty and gorgeosu card . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge good luck Ginny DT forI ♥promarkers
My Blog As I do Rodos

Linda Simpson said...

Aw bless poor Kitty! Another gorgeous card Connie!
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! The image is so sweet Connie!! Really sweet design with the tilted layers too!! HUGS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree with you, I would say he is questioning or intrigued, love the kitty and you have a great card for him.
Enjoy your trip, look forward to seeing what you come up with when you return :)
Faith
x

ike said...

Oh yes - I totally agree that he looks more curious than sad :-D A brilliant card and such a clever idea :-D
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Donna Ellis said...

Congratulations, Connie! You've captured the kitty's interest beautifully! And a cute image to intrigue her! Hope your trip is enjoyable, without incident, and full of happiness! Hugs, de

Cindy said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz.

Dawn said...

Lol! I love what you did there NanaC! It's perfect!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Helen said...

Great card - I think you're right, he definitely looks more curious that sad!

Thanks for joining us at Create and Inspire.

Helen x