Monday, March 28, 2016

Mother's Day Rose

     I spent this morning getting my first Mother's Day card made and it's a fun combination of recycled, re-colored, and both die and hand cutting.  A couple of months ago, a friend gave me a stack of retro cards which I've been recycling into vintage cards.  This is another one of those.


     The rose and buds were originally white with gray shadings and I wanted them to be pink so I colored them with my ProMarkers and a touch of gel pen.  I fussy cut the image, layered it onto pink CS, and fussy cut it again.  

     I die cut the doily with a Spellbinders die, offset the image, and added that to background dp from SU.  I put the sentiment onto another piece of the dp I had used for the doily, and die cut it.  I trimmed it by hand to fit into the corner.  The final touch was the pink bow and the glitter on the doily.

     Challenges:
As You Like It (Diagonal - I love fancy for girlie cards and purple/pink are fav colors)
Aud Sentiments (1st column)

     That's all I have for today.  Be sure to check back tomorrow when a new challenge starts at Tuesday Throwdown.  You'll love it.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie 

10 comments:

Sheryl said...

Such a lovely image and elegant design.
Glad you joined us at CRAFT challenge this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Lisa Babitz said...

Very pretty! I love how you altered the colors of the original rose image. And I love all your layers. Beautiful Mother's Day card! Thanks for joining us over at the Mod Squad Challenge this week!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely choice of elements from the Bingo board on this card. Many thanks for joining in with us at AYLI this time.
Lorraine DT

Stampsnob. said...

Super pretty TFS Craft Rocket Ch Lis DT

EdenLand Designs said...

Wow!! You did an amazing job of "recycling"!!! This is gorgeous :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at C.R.A.F.T. for our "Add Some Bling" challenge!
Susan DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful recycling and card

Jennifer Scull said...

this is so pretty! I love your re-purposed piece.

Thank you so much for joining our 'Bingo challenge + A Sentiment' challenge at Aud Sentiments! :)

have a great day!

Dawn said...

This is super pretty NanaC! Love the rose!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Billie A said...

Very pretty mothers day card. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.

Sarah said...

A great way to make use of old cards and it's made for a perfect entry at our Bingo at AYLI!! Sarah :0)