Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Birthday Garden

     I've been sorting through my huge collection of dies, trying to get them organized into some sort of order.  Well, you know what happens during forays into the crafting room to "get things organized" -- we get distracted by wanting to create something with the hidden goodies we find.  This card is the result of one of those distractions.


     This one is a bit different from my usual colored image and embellies.  Instead, it's all done with die cuts.  The primary die cut was done with a die called "Gardening" from die-namites.  I cut white CS, then red, and then green, and used pieces to inlay the design.  The sentiment is printed and fussy cut.  The flower and the butterfly are also die cuts but not cut by me.  They were embellies I found hiding in my stash.

     I love that stitched ribbon, and I think it's from Really Reasonable Ribbon but it might be from a local craft store.  It was in my stash but not labelled in any way.

     Challenges:
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards
Crafty Calendar
Fussy and Fancy
Imagine That
Outlawz Paper ala Mode
Quick Quotes
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Scrapper's Delight
Simply Papercraft
Stamping Boutique

     Boy, does it feel good to be back in my routine again!   Mostly, it feels so good to be crafting again.  :-D  Thanks for stopping by, my friends.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Such a beautiful card. Love these dies.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good to see you back in action. Love this card, The card colour really shows off the garden theme and LURVE those dies.

jimlynn said...

Very different than what you normally do but I think it's so pretty. The butterfly is a perfect addition to the gardening scene too. Outstanding!
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

I love all these wonderful dies and the paper is perfect with that beautiful ribbon. Enjoy the evening.

Tone K. said...

Very cute and pretty card ! :)
Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy ! :)

monique said...

such a cute card thanks for playing at Creative Playground Challenge from Kris Imagen That

Unknown said...

great card thank you for joining us at scrappers delight challenge
Jane DT xx

Kathi's Creations said...

I love this idea using dies, I love the simplicity of this card, thanks for sharing this with quick quotes.
Kathi DT member QQ

Teresa Arsenault said...

Sweet card. Love those die cuts. hugs, Teresa

anncreatief said...

Wonderful card! Love the shape and your colors are great.
Thanks for joining us cc&cc Challenge!!
Hope to see you back again.
HUGS
Anneke

Dawn said...

It's lovely NanaC!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Golden Goddess Designs said...

very nice card! thanks for sharing with us at Quick Quotes this month! good luck!

Alicia

Linda Anderson said...

You made me chuckle NanaConnie about getting distracted when trying to organize...that's why I don't even try!!!!! Such a beautiful card! Love the dies you used. Thanks for joining our birthday challenge at Imagine That's Creative Playground.

Linda

Planetsusie said...

Oh that is so like me - start on a tidying job and then get distracted and it all goes out of the window and then I'm crafting! I do love the simplicity of this card - the white die cuts with just that little bit of colour are really effective. Sorry my comment is late but thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Mother's Day/Special Female) Challenge this month, I do hope we see you again. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT.