Saturday, September 21, 2024

All About Halloween COWS???

      I know after that title on this post, I'm going to have to do some explaining.  We don't automatically associate cows with Halloween.  But my granddaughter invented this silly game to be played on long car trips (or train journeys) the object of which is to count (and thereby 'collect') cows seen from the windows.  The person with the most cows at the end of the trip wins.  What they win is still uncertain, but win they do!

     Somewhere along the way, additional rules got added, things like the first person to spot a graveyard (ah ha! a connection to Halloween!) or a sign pointing out the road to one, gets to keep all their cows but everyone else's cows die and are gone forever.  

     Out of that game, came a love for cows of all kinds but mostly the adorable Highland cows with the moppy hair or at least black and white cows.  Her apartment is now decorated with all kinds of cow decor, including a black and white spotted refrigerator.  lol  Her boyfriend is barely tolerant of all the cows, mostly rolling his eyes when they are mentioned or when some new addition arrives to join the herd.  I don't know if the fact that she attends college in Texas makes it better or worse, but I make and send her cow related cards for all occasions and sometimes for no occasion at all.

     Of course, Halloween is right around the corner and I was fully prepared to find another Halloween Cow image but then I discovered some hilarious digital images from Zigi Design Studio, fell in love, and all plans changed.  I knew I'd get feedback from her demanding to know why there were no cows this time, so I built in the answer in card sentiments on both her card and her boyfriend's card.  

     I used my favorite Halloween greens and oranges, and of course the standard black.  See below, where I share both of them.

Her card.
     
      Challenges (Her Card):


His card.

     She'll giggle and he'll be very satisfied over winning one.  lol

     Challenges (for His Card):

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

No comments: