Saturday, January 28, 2023

Nesting?

      Today's card is another DT card for the challenge starting today at FarmQuest.  For this challenge, our theme is all about Hay, Straw Bales, Hay Mows, or Lofts.  I don't know if haystacks count as Straw Bales but they certainly fit into the larger category of Hay.   

     The image is actually an old photograph.  I found it online and no credit was given as to the name of the photographer but it may be that the photo is old enough that nobody actually knows who took it.  I printed it in gray scale, then I used my ProMarkers to make it look like an old sepia photo, and added lots of yellow tones to the haystacks.  I highlighted the storks with white gel pens and black to make them pop off the background.

     The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die, and layered onto the image piece.  I framed it with scraps of white and old newsprint paper.  The brown patterned dp for the background (from DCWV) was also a scrap and I chose it because it felt right for our underlying "country" theme for everything done at FarmQuest.  I think warm beiges and browns are my favorite colors for anything with a country feel; those colors (neutrals?) just seem to enhance "outdoors" and "country."  The double twine bow added to that feel.


     Challenges:

     Our challenge runs through February 13 and the new one will start on the 14th.  Come play with us and make something that celebrates "country" and features hay.  We'd love to see what you create!  

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

Really like the way you framed out that picture in the newspaper print. Outstanding picture and your light coloring on it too. Great card.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Really cool photo and I love that you've printed it with the gray scale with the touch of color for the hay. The papers don't distract from it at all and I think it turned out really cool! TFS NC!

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Excellent! I love this as a theme interpretation for hay/straw! And yes, haystacks are included! :) As I said in the posting, I love the historical and cultural look of your image and how you surrounded it! I just feel transported to another time and place! Thanks for providing wonderful inspiration projects for FQCB! --Becca

valscraftings said...

A lovely card!
Thank you for joining in at Festive Fridays Challenge!
Val
DT-Leader

Donna Walls said...

Interesting photo, reminds me of a vintage tin-type print. Great card, Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope to see more from you soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Anne Fenton said...

Such a lovely card, thank you for joining the Festive Friday challenge.

My Side of Oz said...

I love how you used a photo and colored it to suit you! So creative! Hay bales in any shape! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Festive Friday's Challenge! Nan, DT

Aunty Sue said...

Beautiful card thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

Sarah said...

You are so right about the use of brown for rustic and country projects. This one is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah DT