Thursday, January 5, 2023

Love on a Fence

     I'm doing Valentine cards as well as birthday cards this month and I want to share this one with you before I forget to post it.  I'm making a total of 18 of these (and 18 of another hedgie Valentine card) because they are going to go into "care package" boxes sent by a local group of moms who have sons and daughters away at college.  

     Each month, they get together as a group and fill boxes with goodies each person has brought, then they ship the boxes off to their college kids.  There are 36 moms in our group (although I make #37 because my youngest granddaughter is away at college but my daughter is the 'mom' sending her box.)  I make different cards each month and the moms can pick one to include in their box if they choose.

     This is the first design and tomorrow I'll share the second one.  I chose images and sentiments which would work for a parent sending Valentines to a college kid.  The sweet hedgie painting the fence is a Penny Black stamp, watercolored, and distress cut using an old blade on my Fiskars paper cutter.  All the CS and papers are from the scrap basket.  The sentiment was cut with an Avery Elle die and I mounted the image on dimensional dots.


     Challenges:

     See you tomorrow.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is darling, Connie. What an adorable image and a fabulous card layout. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us. I'm always so very blessed to have you play along in our challenges.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

*Vicki* said...

Your little hedgie is super CUTE! This is a perfect card to send for your cause too! I've never heard of that before, but what a very cool idea and I know they will appreciate these! Love it!

Lori m said...

This is so cute and so pretty, something about little Hedgehogs that just make you smile, hugs, Lori m

Donna Scholz said...

Connie, what a cute card to send to a college student so they know that they are loved! I like the idea of the monthly boxes... I know I would have really enjoyed one while I was away from home for the first time. Thank you for sharing your card and story with us at Double Trouble. Thank you also for all the cards you shared with us this past year!! Happy 2023!!! -Donna

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love hedgehogs... he is the cutest painter, excellent coloring. Love the simplicity of the layout to complement the image. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Kellianne said...

What a cute little hedgie card! I love the darling little scene it is! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Melanie R said...

What a fabulous idea to turn the box assembling into a social event, Connie! Your card is wonderful - love the beautiful coloring and the adorable hedgie. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #128.

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge Le Ann's World 101 Challenge
DT Maria