Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Bookshelf Treasures

      If you're a person who adores books, despite everything now being on electronic readers or in audio formats, you'll understand why a full bookshelf can feel like a treasure trove.  I've loved books and reading since I was a child, when bedtime meant one parent or the other reading a story.  As I grew older, I loved the feel of the paper pages, the hard cover, and the creaky binding as one opened and closed the book.  No electronic reader can replace those things.

     This delightful fantasy image of a pixie perched on a shelf with book in hand intrigued me right away and I had to use it for a card which I'll be sending to my youngest granddaughter, who just moved several states away for college.  I miss her already!

     I thought a monochrome, sepia-brown would work and stamped the image in coffee brown ink.  I added shading using colored pencil.  I cut it with a Tonic Studios die, then sponged the sides and corners using the same ink pad.  I found the striped dp in a DCWV "Basics" stack and chose it because it made the image pop off the background while maintaining the monochrome color combo.  The hand sewn bow is the only embellishment.


     Challenges:

     Have yourself a wonderful day and see if you can find some time to enjoy an old fashion book.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I REALLY love this Connie, I agree with you about the books, but I also have a Kindle! A wonderful image and quote.
Faith x

Cheryl W said...

This card is just adorable! Your granddaughter will love it. I'm so glad you've entered it into our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

Stellalena said...

A very beautiful card. Like the colors and the design.
Thank you for taking part in the Mirtillamente challenge!
Good luck and I hope to see you again.
Alena DT Mirtillamente

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

nice card
Thank you for joining our challenge
greetings jolanda bongers
dt morgan's art worlds

Christin said...

Such a lovely card, thanks for sharing at Digi Choosday! Christin

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

Carole J said...

Such a delightful card, Nana Connie. Fabulous stamp and sentiment.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” August Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations