Monday, November 22, 2021

"O" is for Ornament

      Another letter day at the 30 Days of Holidays at Beccy's Place and today is "O."  Beccy has some lovely ornament images and this is one that I have used each year since she released it.  I always get lovely comments on it, whether I've colored it myself or (as I did this year) have taken the shortcut of using the pre-colored image.

     I cut the Ornament with an Oval die, and used Onyx CS for the card base.  Aside from wanting an additional "O" for my card, the onyx makes the image pop from the background.  :-D   The ribbon is metallic, gold, wired ribbon from my stash and I have no idea what company made it.  I know I picked it up 2 years ago in the after-Christmas sales and I've made good use of it this year.  I used wide, gold twine for the hand-tied bow on the ornament.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

karin said...

That's a beautiful card you have made. Thanks for sharing at the challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
Karin DT

Beccy said...

I love a dark background NanaConnie, I agree that it makes the other colours pop, especially reds and greens. The gold ribbons you added look wonderful and add to the festive feel of your project. Beautiful!
Cheers,
Beccy

carla said...

A great christmas card.
Thank you for joining our challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
Good Luck !
Carla (DT)

creationsnz said...

I like dark backgrounds too and this shows up the decoration and the sparkle. It's so nice when you get a stamp or image that you keep coming back to. So glad you shared with us at Incy Wincy, come back soon. CarolG

Marjeta said...

Elegant card. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Moments.

mirtillamente said...

Adorable and elegant card!
Thanks for taking part in the Mirtillamente Challenge!
°Evelin°° owner & designer //Mirtillamente

Melissa said...

Such a great card. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Studios Challenge.

Roberta Cercato said...

Meraviglioso questo progetto!!
Grazie per aver partecipato alla Challenge di Mirtillamente, spero di rivederti ancora!
Buona fortuna,
Roberta DT Mirtillamente

Stellalena said...

A very noble card. Beautiful.
Thank you for taking part in the Mirtillamente challenge!
Good luck and I hope to see you again.
Alena DT Mirtillamente

NickScrapShack said...

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge over at DDS this month. Great bauble and I like the added ribbon. I hope you come back and play along with us again. Best of luck with your entry. Nick DT

Suze said...

Lovely card NanaConnie. I think that ornament image might be my favourite too. Your colouring is beautiful. Thank you for entering the Traditional Christmas Colours +/or Colour On Kraft Card Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.