Sunday, November 21, 2021

Noel on the Night before Christmas

      My earlier post today was for the letter "M" and this one is for the letter "N" in the 30 Days of Holidays at Beccy's Place.  I have to share with you that I was completely inspired by a card Beccy did using this same image against a very dark background so that the candle light seemed to glow.  I CASEd the card as best I could, including the sentiment.  

     I'm not nearly as skilled with coloring as Beccy is but I did give myself the advantage of starting with her pre-colored image, then adjusting the color so that it was much lighter (almost gray scale) and then used my ProMarkers (Beccy tends to use colored pencils) to color pretty much the same color combo as she had used.  The main differences are that I used grays on the mouse instead of browns, added some shadows, and used less yellow on the parts of the mouse where the candle glow would be.  I also colored the candle green.

      I didn't even attempt to color a dark background (which Beccy did.)  Instead, I fussy cut the mouse, mounted him onto Pop Dots, then used black CS for my card front and put him right in the middle of it.  The "Night Before Christmas" sentiment is cut with an Avery Elle die and the sparkly gold 'Noel' was cut with a Die-Versions die.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting, everyone, and for those of us in the US, I hope your Thanksgiving preparations are well under way.  If you're traveling, may you have safe travels and warm moments with family.   Happy holidays to you and yours.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Beccy said...

Your card is awesome NanaConnie and you did a fantastic job adding the extra colour to the image. I love the black cardstock background, it's deep and dark and gives a fabulous contrast for the mouse. Great idea to pop him up on some foam tape, it adds even more depth. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

Diane said...

So cute and wow, look at how long his hat is, wonder if he stuffs his tail up in it!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}

Nelly said...

Fabulous festive feel with your card! Thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles this week Nelly dt x

Darlene said...

OMG Connie ... this is so dang cute! Great job! Brought an instant smile! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Another beauty xx

Sue said...

Fantastic card thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

Judy McKay said...

Lovely Christmas card. So cute. Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door this week. Judy Dt