Thursday, July 30, 2020

Gift Card Holders for Christmas

     Last week when I was doing cards for the Christmas in July challenges, I made a money folder specifically for cash but it could have been used for gift cards as well.  However, it was longer than needed for a gift card so I rimmed the height and made these. 

     It seems every holiday season (well, all year round, actually) my family members and several of my friends come to me asking for gift card holders.  I guess we use a lot of them.  So, this year, I'm trying to get ahead of the game and get a couple dozen made up before the first request comes in.  :-D

     To make these, I start with card stock which is 4.5" high x 8" long and I score along the length of it at 1", at 4", and at 7", then fold on the 1" and 7" score lines, using double sided tape to close those folded ends so that they won't flip open.  On one side is where the gift card goes and on the other there is room for a short note or for "To:/From:" tag.

     Here's what they look like when the gift cards are safely tucked inside and they are folded up and tied with the ribbon which runs under the image and wraps around the back to tie on the right hand side.



Images are pre-colored or colored w/ ProMarkers
Images from Bugaboo Stamps & Doodle Pantry
Die cut images = QuicKutz
Die cut sentiments = Die-Versions & A I

     Challenges:
12 Months of Christmas
Christmas w Cuties
Crafty Hazelnut's
Die Cut Divas
Dream Valley
Outlawz Festive Fri
SheepSki Designs
Star Stampz
Winter Wonderland

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

meg said...

Gorgeous gift card holders NanaConnie

*Vicki* said...

Love these adorable images with your festive colors here Connie! Really adorable gift card holders and really appreciate the dimensions!!

Bunny said...

Nice to plan ahead. These are very cute. [Bunny]

Donna said...

Loving the fun images from Bugaboo, Nana Connie! And what a great idea to get a head start on gift card holders. We usually give a number of gift cards so having them on hand would be wonderful. Great idea. Thanks for playing along with the 12 Months of Christmas flip-a-coin challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GREAT images and cards Connie, Yep! I guess gift cards are going to be the way this year.
Faith x

Cara said...

These are really cute Connie! Thank you so much for sharing and entering our July Challenge at SheepSki Designs. Good Luck!
Cara, SheepSki Design Team
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Karen Page said...

These are just awesome NC! When it comes to gift cards, like everything else, there is a season for them. When the kids or grandkids hit those teenage years is one for sure. Other times it shift backs to physical gifts, such as a newly married couple or first time home owners or brand new babies. I think its brilliant to get a bunch of these ready in advance!!! And these are so stinkin' cute!