Monday, April 13, 2020

Exercise the Cats

     If you thought being on lock down was tough on we humans, try explaining to a cat why they can't go outside and exercise by scrambling up trees or chasing butterflies or even a bit of paper tossed on a spring breeze!  With most cats, it's not easy (translate as not POSSIBLE) to take them for a walk on a leash.  They are not dogs (as they keep telling us) and I've never gotten one to heel or sit. 

     The best I've managed when it comes to taking a cat for a walk is to trail a length of string where they can see it and chase after it.  That not only gives them exercise, it also entertains them (and me!)  :-D

     When I saw the new Star Stampz image, called "Red String," which we were given for the Progressive Challenge at The Outlawz, I could hardly wait to get something made.  But that nasty bronchitis I had delayed my usual first-week-of-the-month schedule for getting it done.  In any case, the month isn't over yet so this is plenty early for getting my card posted.


Colored with ProMarkers
Cut with Fancy Weave dies from Spellbinders
Signature, hand-sewn bow w/ gem

     Challenges:
Angie's Digitals
Crafty Gals Corner
Incy Wincy
Lemon Shortbread
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Simon Says Stamp (Exercise or Entertainment)
SUYP Cats
WordArt Weds

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good to hear you're better Connie, Love your cat walk card LOL.
Keep well and safe
Faith x

Terri Winske said...

Loved your post and glad to hear you're feeling better. I remember very well trying to keep a cat occupied and entertained with a piece of string! 😀 Your card is a perfect reminder of those happy, silly moments. Thank you so much for sharing or with us at PIP Challenges!

meg said...

Glad to read you are feeling a bit better,loved your act tale A wonderful image and card

Lisa Lynn said...

That's adorable. My cats would never go on a leash, but I have a cat stroller, lol.

Monica C. said...

Sweet card, Connie! Love the die you used to frame the image with.
Hugs Monica

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a darling card. No, most cat's are not keen on a collar and leash. lol I hope you are feeling better. Bronchitis is no fun. ~ Blessings, Tracey

MeSi said...

Lovely card, I love cats :) Thank you for sharing at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge.

Heather "Hev" said...

cute :) Thanks for playing over at Incy Wincy :)

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

What a perfect image for you to have! You did a beautiful job with it! Thank you for joining us this week at
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Angie Digital Stamp Challenge and I hope to see many more of your beautiful creations soon :)

ike said...

Such a cute card. At least my kitties have a Cat Flap but they still spend most of their time lounging indoors :-D
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog