Wednesday, July 10, 2019

A Summer of Reading

     I have a dear friend, a retired teacher, who spends her summers as a volunteer working with 1st and 2nd grade school kids, reading stories to them and encouraging them to explore the fun and mystery of books on their own.  Her birthday is next week and I did this card for her as a birthday present.

     The image is from Di's Digi Designs.


I chose 3 of the colors from Coloring in Scrapland - green, blue & yellow.


Colored w/ ProMarkers
Cut and matted with dies from Spellbinders
Stitched ribbon from Crafty Ribbons
Signature hand-sewn bow w/ pearl

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Allsorts
Angie's Digital Stamps
Brown Sugar
Crafting from the Heart
Lemon Shortbread
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz SAR
TTCRD

     I'm posting this early instead of waiting until the witching hour because I have someone here who can link up to all the challenges and that means I can stay away from the keyboard.  I'm still having serious shoulder problems when I try to type.  Coloring and crafting are getting better but there's something about the position in which I hold my shoulder when I'm at the keyboard that aggravates my shoulder injury.

     Happy crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Joy Wilson said...

This is perfect for your friend! Such a sweet image! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

brenda said...

A real fun image on your pretty card. Many thanks for joining in with our 'Summer Fun' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Linda Simpson said...

This is just perfect, love the image and I am sure your friend will love it.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy L said...

So sweet, thank you very much for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Monica C. said...

A gorgeous card! I am so sorry to hear that you are still having such issues with your shoulder. But at least we get to see you lovely projects.
Hugs Monica

The Enticing Creation said...

Nice
Card....
Thank you so much entering our ATG challenge at ttcrd.blogspot.com Through the Craft Room Door this week.Looking forward to see you next challenge

Hugs
Rituparna DT TTCRD

My blog
theenticingcreation.blogspot.com

Heather said...

This is so sweet!! Adorable image and I love the die cut you used to frame it! Thanks for playing with Di's Digi Designs.

LOU said...

Adorable card Connie. Love those little mice.
Thanks so much for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #109. Hope to see you again soon.
Lou DT xo

JemLou Productions

Nélida Cordón said...

Beautiful card!! Your friend is going to love it! It´s such a sweet image!!
thank you for playing along with us at Colouring in Scrapland, Connie
More hugs
Nélida-DT