Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Glad Tidings of Great Joy

     This is the third of the "Angel" cards I did and the gal is coming by tomorrow to make her choice.  I love them all and it will be interesting to see which best suits whatever she had in mind.  She has purchased other cards from me and has loved each one so I know already that she likes my style (if I even have one!)  :-D

     Here's one with a hand colored image but who drew it or when I have no idea.  It was in one of my clip art files and had no identifying information.  If you recognize it, or know who drew it, please leave me a comment and let me know.  I'd love to give proper credit.


I started with the Soft and Pastel Colors in Challenge #323

     I used ProMarkers to do the coloring and added glitter to the angel's wings.  After it dried, I cut the image with an oval die from QuicKutz, then wove white, satin, ribbon through the holes in the outer edges.

     I tried putting the image onto embossed white CS thinking it would make a great white-on-white card but, instead, it just got lost.  So I switched to a light blue CS, ran it through my "Linen" embossing folder for a bit of light texture, and added the image piece to it.  The sentiment is printed and hand cut.  I didn't think the card needed any additional embellishment.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Crafty Addicts
Creative Inspirations
Outlawz Festive Fri.
Quick Quotes
Scrappy Land
Time Out
Winter Wonderland
Word Art Weds.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

jimlynn said...

You have a wonderful style and I can guarantee she's going to love all three of them - and probably want all three too!
This one is so lovely. I love the way you did the ribbon. Just beautiful.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful, love how you have threaded the ribbon through the frame.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card. The threaded ribbon is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Carol S. said...

A very pretty card and thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Hope you can join us again, Carol S. DT

*Vicki* said...

This is so pretty Connie! Love those glitter wings and the ribbon treatment is stunning with it! HUGS

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Lovely angel of joy. I really like the placement of the oval threaded with ribbon. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out.

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

A very pretty card. I love the way you have used the ribbon. Thanks for entering this month's challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

Cat Nowak said...

So pretty! I love how you looped the ribbon around your angel. Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare!

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge The Crafty Addicts
DT Maria

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful! I love the sparkly wings on the pretty angel and the ribbon threaded through your card is perfect!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

great job! love how you have weaved the ribbon! thanks for sharing with us at Quick Quotes this month.

Alicia

Sherrie K. said...

What a darling image! I love the way you weaved the ribbon around the edges. SO pretty!
Thanks for joining us in the challenge at Scrapy Land!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

debi said...

I love the weaving of the ribbon. I will have to remember that technique! Thanks for sharing your talent at the CMH Color Dare challenge.

Neva Cole said...

I collect angels and this card is wonderful with the angel image. The ribbon weaving is a pretty touch! Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!

Melanie R said...


Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare Soft and Pastel Challenge.