Monday, December 3, 2018

Christmas Ornaments

     Last week, I did something new to me - I made an ornament for the Christmas tree by stacking layers of die cut CS.  I liked the result enough to try making a couple more of them.  This time, I did one with a colored image and a second one using just the die cut itself.


     I used another adorable image from Beccy's Place, colored with a combo of ProMarkers and Copics, plus white gel ink for the highlights.  I cut it with a stitched, scalloped die from Memory Box, then cut 4 more from plain, white CS.  I added the ribbon hanger between the two middle layers.  One of the things I learned is that it was extremely difficult to get the scallops to line up exactly!  It seems it should be easy but it wasn't.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
House that Stamps Built
Outlawz Greetings
Simon Says Stamp and Show (basket and bauble)

     Here's the second one I made.


     This next one was cut from red CS with a Die-Versions die.  I cut 2 from the red and 4 more from white CS.  The red ones are the top and bottom layers.  This time I used twine for the hanger instead of ribbon but it's still added between the middle layers.  I put ruby red glitter on the exclamation mark.

      Challenges:
Cupcake Inspirations
Dream Valley
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Penny's Paper Crafty
Simon Says

     There will be a second post later today for the Holiday Chaos week of daily challenges at Catch the Bug.  Hope you'll have time to stop by again.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

They're both fabulous!!! I think the handmade ornaments are always so special on a tree. Love these.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Your ornaments are so cute Connie! Love little miss kitty and how you've colored her up! She looks like she's ready to bake and apple pie for me for Christmas!! :) That bottom one is really fun and quite humorous! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Sandy Palmer said...

Oh, wonderful Christmas ornaments! Adorable image on the first one! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
Sandy DT

Lori Kobular said...

Super cute Christmas ornaments!! Great idea too!!

Heather said...

Very cute ornaments! I'm sure you will enjoy hanging these on your tree (or giving them as gifts!) Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.