Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Time for May Flowers

     We've had the April Showers (more than we usually get where I live) and now I want to see the May Flowers.   My garden is growing strong and healthy plants and in another month, we'll be harvesting the first of the tomatoes and maybe even a summer squash or two.  Watermelons should follow in early July, and it's beginning to look like we may have a bumper crop of beans and peas.

     But I want flowers!  :-D  This is the best I can have right now, I guess.


     The image is from Bugaboo Stamps and I colored with ProMarkers.  The frame was cut with a die from Amy's Designs and I layered it directly onto the image.  That entire thing was placed onto a scrap of dp from a Bo Bunny stack.  It has a hole in it from a die cut done for another project but it's hidden underneath the image.

     I added grosgrain ribbon and 'dyed' my handmade bow with a marker to get just the shade of golden yellow I wanted.  The sentiment was printed, hand cut, and inked on the edges before adding it to the top of the card front.  I took one of the flower piece negatives which fell out after cutting and added it on top of the ribbon.

     As a final touch of embellishment, I added tiny pearls to each of the large flowers in the die cut frame. My handmade bow already had a pearl.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Allsorts
Brown Sugar
Catch the Bug (1st column)
Crafty Friends
Creative Moments
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
Jo's Scrap Shack
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrappy Land
Send a Smile 4 Kids

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so cute thanks for playing at agoac

brenda said...

What a sweet imahe with her bunch of flowers, perfect for our 'Use Pearls' theme at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, love the frame and beautiful image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the lovely floral die over the image, (funny I've done one in the same vein recently.) Lovely colour combo, that sky shows everything up so beautifully.
You sound like you are WAY ahead of us in the garden, but at least we have a lovely Spring garden at the moment, could do without the rain though!
Faith
x

Kathleen said...

Really cute image and a lovely die. Thank you for joining our 'Use Pearls' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Flowers’ challenge with your lovely card… Really like the die cute that frames the cute image Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is so sweet. I love the frame. hugs & smiles, Teresa

Mervi said...

Sweet and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Sherrie K. said...

What a darling image and the frame around her is fabulous!
Thanks for joining us in the challenge at Scrapy Land!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

Pippa said...

Lovely card. That die cut frame works so well with the image. Thank you for sharing at Catch the Bug. Pippa DT

Ellibelle said...

Another wonderful creation, such pretty embellishments and fabulous sketch.
It's so nice to see you again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!