Saturday, April 7, 2018

Purr-fect Spring!

     Today's card makes me feel like I'm back on the SheepSki Designs team since this is one of Andrea's images.  :-D  It's one of my favorite cats and it's also the monthly freebie at the Outlawz Progressive challenge.


     Before I started this card, I decided that it was time to clear off the crafting desk and that means using things which are on the desktop.  Sometimes, as was the case with this card, I can use nothing BUT things which are left on the desk; other times, I have to add a bit here and there.

     I colored with 4 ProMarkers - gray, teal, pale pink, and golden yellow.  As I used them, I slid them back into their proper cubbyholes where I keep all my markers, sorted by main color.  The oval QuicKutz die was on the desk and I used it to cut the image, then put it back in the envelope with the set.

     Since the image had a butterfly, and since the Cheery Lynn butterfly die was also on the table, I picked through the dp piled up, found the piece I used for the background, trimmed it to size and used the cut off to die cut the butterfly.  Digging through the papers brought to light the second oval - already die cut with an Unbranded die- and since the teal color was perfect, I added it to the card design.

    Finally, I got to the sentiment.  It was printed and since there was a small, oval die from Spellbinders waiting to be put away, I used it to cut the sentiment.  I liked the repetition of ovals and of butterflies.  Who knew when I started that a card design would come together out of that messy pile on the desk?!  :-D  Of course, it took me another half hour to clear the rest of that messy pile off the desk completely.

     Challenges:
Butterfly  (using Teal)
Crafting by Designs
Creative Inspirations
House that Stamps Built
Incy Wincy
Penny's Paper-Crafty
SheepSki Designs
Simon Says Stamp
SUYP Cats

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

jimlynn said...

That's a great way to not only make a pretty and fun card but to clean off your desk at the same time! Cute card with that precious kitty image.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, I do love this Kitty. A beautiful card. I am loving your new header to your blog too! Nice and cheerful with a gorgeous kitty. Have a wonderful weekend my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Esther Asbury said...

Puuurfect spring card and awesome creativity with the things left on your "messy desk!"
So happy you linked this up to The House that Stamps Built!

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card and gorgeous image! Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE it, a Super card with lovely dies and colouring and a GREAT story on how you made it too LOL.
Faith
x

Lori Kobular said...

Great cat image! Love the dies you used too!

Unknown said...

what a fab card nana :)
thanks for joining us at SheepSki Designs Challenges. i hope you’ll join us again 🙂
Greetings
DT heike 🙂

ike said...

How fabulous - I love the offset ovals and the kitty is so sweet.
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

What a lovely card. He/She is a very cute kitty. I love the pretty oval dies too. Thanks for entering this month's challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

Heather said...

Very cute!! I've given myself a challenge of using up my bits and pieces stash this year, so your self-imposed challenge to create a card using items already on your desk makes me smile. : ) I worked out quite well for you, I think! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Tracy Freeman said...

Such a cute card, love the adorable image, such a pretty card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x

Card e Scrap said...

lovely card! thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Design Challenge