Monday, April 23, 2018

Thinking of You

     This beautiful lady, surrounded by dahlias, comes from Ching-Chou Kuik, where they want us to use our favorite colors.  Of course, you couldn't guess from the card below that my favorites are always in the purple family - everything from periwinkle blue to lavenders and lilacs, to the deepest red-violet or burgundy.


I started with the sketch from Sketch Saturday.


     I colored with my ProMarkers, then cut the image and the oval frames with dies from both QuicKutz and Spellbinders.  Stacking them all together gives some wonderful dimension to the card.

     The strip of dp with the butterflies was in my scrap basket and I think it is from SU.  The background paper is digital and came from one of the sets at MHK Designs.

     The large butterfly is machine embroidered using purple, white and black thread.

     Challenges:
Butterfly Challenge (digi/die cut/dimension)
Crafty Friends
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrappy Land
WordArt Weds.

     I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit.  If I haven't been by your blog over the last couple of weeks, it's because I'm still healing from a shoulder injury and, often, I have to decide whether to craft or spend time at the keyboard commenting.  I'll be around to catch up on my visits and comments as soon as I can.  In the meantime, I appreciate you visiting my blog even though I'm not reciprocating right away.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful image Connie, love your interpretation of the sketch too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So beautiful, love the oval "screwed".
Faith
x

Mrs A. said...

Beautifully coloured and lovely tones. I love that butterfly backing paper. So pretty with the image. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hope your shoulder is getting better. Hugs Mrs A.

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful creation with the pretty image and great colors.
So nice to see you this month at my Crafty Wednesday Challenge!
Ellie
"Ellibelle's Creative Moments"

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Connie thank you for joining us over on
Ching Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration Challenge Blog
Dianne xx
DT for CCK
http://crazycraftshed.blogspot.co.uk

Christine said...

Definitely agree with your choice of favorite colors! The pensive little lady is so pretty surrounded by the dahlias. Love how ou used the sketch, too. Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack! Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Teresa Arsenault said...

Sweet card and such a precious image. She looks so sad. hugs & smiles, Teresa

Samra said...

Gorgeous work! Thank you for joining us at Scrapy Land challenge!
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Sherry said...

Amazing Card Thanxx For Sharing With Us At Jo's Scrapshack ..Good Luck ..
Sherry Lynn
JSS DT

pst said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

Lozzy said...

Your card is gorgeous with your design and colouring..thank you for joining us for Ching-Chou Kuiks challenge and good luck in draw...Hugs Lozzy x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a beautiful card you have made here which fits perfectly the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration and Challenge Blog Monthly Challenge this month of “Your favourite colour”. I used to like the colours pink/red when I was a child growing up but have progressed to loving anything purple but it's lovely to see the difference in everyone's favourite colour.

It is wonderful that you have entered the challenge but what is even more FANTASTIC is that you have used one of Ching-Chou Kuik's digital stamps.

Thank you for entering, best wishes in the draw and for your support of this challenge. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Design Team Leader).

PS I hope you are feeling better very soon from your shoulder injury x