Friday, January 19, 2018

Cow Jumped over the Moon

     Remember that silly nursery rhyme?  If you read the post title, I know you're already saying it to yourself in your mind if not out loud!  "Hey, diddle, diddle..." :-D  Well, it seemed to apply wonderfully to this new-to-me image from QKR Stampede.  When I saw it, I decided it had to be used in the latest "Anything Goes" challenge over there which starts today.

     Any of you who have followed my blog, or even visited regularly, know my quirky sense of humor, especially when doing my DT cards for QKR Stampede.  This image is called "Cow over the Moon 18301."  The silly sentiment is my own.

     This year I'm trying to be encouraging in every possible way.  Call it the "Year of Encouragement."  I'm going to send this card to a friend who is facing her last (and most difficult) year of graduate school.  :-D


     I colored the cow and moon with my ProMarkers, then cut it into a rectangle and punched the corners with a Fiskars punch.  The background die cuts were made with dies from one of my framing sets by Spellbinders.  Those framing sets are definite favorites!  They can be layered together or even inset (as in this case) and they make a simple card look very complex.  The embossing is wonderful, too.

     I added brown grosgrain ribbon and tied a triple loop bow using my bow maker.  The sentiment was printed, fussy cut and added on top of the other layers.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Aud Sentiments
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Creations
Creative Inspirations
Creative Moments
Cute Card Thursday
Frilly & Funky
Scrappy Land
Simon Says Stamp

    Thanks for visiting and I hope we're going to see you playing along in our challenge this week.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my goodness how fabulous is this! I love it! Loving the dies you have used.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

This looks exactly like I felt this morning! I needed this! SMILE!!! CUTE card and I love that image.

(I would have entered my card that I posted yesterday in the Critters - but had already posted it on Instagram first. Will try to get one done before the end of the month).
Lynn

Furrbster said...

Wow this is brill - love that sentiment too!

Thanks for playing our something new twist over at Creative Moments, and thank you for also sharing with us at Aud Sentiments!

Hugz Tinz

Elaine Stark said...

A fun card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is FANTABULOUS with your sentiment, making extra special, love the frame and the bow.
Faith
x

Cheryl Morgan said...

O this is fabulous, I laughed out loud. Great card Nana. X

Suzanne C said...

Very cute and gave me a chuckle! Thanks for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie Challenge. Three is not a crowd.

Lynne said...

A fab fun card and the sentiment is perfect. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x

sarascloset said...

I am sure this encouraging card will give your friend just the boost she needs! That image is so fun, and the die cut frame is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this in our The Year of...challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs! Sara Emily

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Such a fun card..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugsxx Deepti

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Such a sweet image!! So fun!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Cards By Leona said...

This is delightful and what great colouring! Thank you for joining us at Creative moments. Leona

Lori Kobular said...

That looks more like the cow climbed over the moon! Poor baby, she is udderly out of shape!

Sarah said...

Frame dies are such wonderful additions to our crafty stash and yours are particularly gorgeous. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah DT

Lori Kobular said...

I love your adorable cow, although she looks a tad out of shape! Join the club mama! Such a fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Cec said...

What a great little card with a super cute image. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec