Monday, January 22, 2018

Butterflies and Berries

     This is another of the new images which were part of my challenge win from Ching-Chou Kuik.  This is my first time coloring it and I'm thrilled by the result!  It's called "Butterflies and Berries."


     I colored the butterflies, berries, and her face with my ProMarkers, then used water color pencils and gamsol for her dress, hair, and the sky/background.  Then I thought about how I wanted to cut out the image.  I dug around in my huge stash of dies, found one by Bo Bunny which was about the right size and shape for the image but it had lots of internal filigree bits which would cut into the image.  So, I laid the die on top of the image, drew around the outside of it with a pencil, then hand cut the shape with scissors.

     I wanted to frame the image so I used my newest die set from Spellbinders (thank you to Santa!) for the first time and I can tell you that die set is going to get lots of use!  The frame is cut from textured paper which was a leftover scrap of 12 x 12 scrapbooking paper.  After I added all of that to an ivory card, I found a 6 inch scrap of sheer, gold, ribbon begging to be used so I tied a tiny bow and added it to the top.

     Challenges:
Butterfly
Color Inspiration Mon.
Crafty Addicts
Creative Moments
Everybody Art
Paper Girls
Passion for ProMarkers
Pixie's Snippets
Scrappy Land

     Thanks for visiting and I hope your week is starting well.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous Connie, love your colouring on this pretty image and the frame is so beautiful too.
Faith
x

Paddington fan said...

Love your card, fabulous image and great frame too. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week, good luck in the prize draw and I hope you will join us again soon, love Jacky x
PFP DT

Jane Willis said...

That's a lovely image and you've coloured it beautifully
Jane - Butterfly Challenge Guest designer

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Connie, this is fabulous! I love the gorgeous image and your colouring is fabulous too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Cards By MI said...

Fabby looking card and the die is lovely. Thanks for joining us over at passion for Promarkers.

Love n hugs Marie

jimlynn said...

Beautiful coloring on a beautiful image! Love the way your framed it out too. Very, very pretty!
Lynn

coops said...

So gorgeous Connie.Stunning image and colours and the diecut frame is beautiful.
Thanks so much for joining in my `something new` challenge this week at PFP :D

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab design.xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great creation, Thanks for sharing on Passion for Promarkers this week, Hazelx

Di said...

Gorgeous card Connie and such wonderful colouring as well. Clever you for hand cutting using the die as a template as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Perfect colouring and the image is gorgeous and that die cut frame is fabulous and fits your design so well. Totally in love with this card. Thankyou for fluttering into the garden . hugs Mrs A.

Lori Kobular said...

I love that sweet image with all those beautiful butterflies floating around that delicate flower of a girl!

Seija said...

Beautiful Image and wonderful Card! Thanks for joining us at EAC. Michi (DT)

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome coloring on this gorgeous card! I love the butterflies and berries image! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in The Crafty Addicts Challenge this time and good luck :)