Thursday, November 27, 2014

Winter Sparkles at Christmas Time

     

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY

     I have an announcement today which makes me very happy.  :-D  After more than three years of playing the various challenges at The Outlawz, I've been invited to be on the DT of the Twisted Thursday challenge over there.  

     Today is my first 'official' appearance sharing this card for the challenge.  Our theme is always "Anything Goes" and we have an optional twist each week, too.  This week the twist is "Winter Sparkle for Christmas."  Our fantastic sponsor is Stitchy Bear.  They supplied images to the DT members but I used one which I already had in my own Stitchy Bear collection called "Winter Tree."  Even though it's an older image, it's one which lends itself to Christmas or even just winter cards.

     If you'd like to see the same image used by another DT which looks totally different, visit the Twisted Thursday challenge.  If you haven't joined The Outlawz yet, now is a great time to do so.  Joining is free and we have a different challenge every day plus they are adding a new Progressive Freebie challenge and you can get a new sponsor's image every challenge by signing up and then using it for an entry in the next challenge.


I have another close up photo and it's a much better view of all the sparkle.
It almost looks like Christmas lights, doesn't it?


     I colored the image with ProMarkers and then added a very thin layer of Stickles "Diamond."  I matted the image with various layers of dp and CS (all from the scrap bin) and finally added a dp from DCWV's Linen Closet stack, something I've had for nearly 2 years.  That all went on the card front.  I used dark blue cord, stamped the sentiment, and added the little blue snowflakes.

     Challenges:

     I hope you'll consider playing in our Twisted Thursday challenge this week.  What better time to do that than when you have a four-day weekend?  Yeah, right -- you'll all be out fighting the crowds for Christmas goodies, won't you?  Not me, I refuse to do the Black Friday thing!

     I don't fight crowds, I don't go anywhere near a department store or a big box store between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day.  I do my Christmas shopping during the first 8 or 9 months of the year, grabbing things whenever I find something perfect for a particular person and I'm usually done in August.  Whatever may not have gotten done by then, I shop online.  :-D  Enjoy your holiday if you're in the US and have a wonderful weekend anyway if you're not.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

oh oh oh! I LOVE that stitchy bear image! WOW! and you have colored it so beautifully, Connie! Congrats on your newest DT! I don't know how you do all the cards that you do, and keep everything straight, to boot. I'm so happy for you (and Outlaws) they are lucky to havae you! PS I really LOVE the coloring on your image! hugs, de

Bunny said...

Congratulations. What a great sparkly card. So pretty. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Linda Simpson said...

Congratulations on your new DT position Connie, it is so well deserved. I love this Christmas tree it is stunning! All my Christmas shopping and cards are all done now.

Happy Thanksgiving and have a blessed day.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

First of all........big, huge congrats on the new DT! That's so exciting and well deserved my friend.
Your card.......WHOA isn't a big enough word for this one Connie!!! I could sit here all day long and look at the beauty of this. Absolutely sensational in every way!!! Whoa!

Lynn

Lynn's Place said...

Lots and lots of cold looking, but cute snowflakes...Thanks for joining us @CIO challenge blog...stop by again and play <((><

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is amazing. I can almost touch those trees. Congratulations on your new DT spot over at The Outlawz. They are a great bunch and I know you will fit right in.
Smiles & hugs,
Teresa

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Beautiful and yes...it looks like Christmas lights...amazing!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Davi said...

Congrats NC on your new team assignment! You will be a great asset to the team! I have to tell you that this card is Gorgeous!! You did one fabulous job on the trees! They look so realy and all the layers frame the image perfectly!!

Jellypark Challenges said...

Great close up shot, blingtastic, thanks for sharing over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

Kay Dalton said...

lovely,thanks for joining us at That Craft Place

Dewi Lestari said...

It's lovely! Thanks for joining at ATSC: Lots of Layers
Hugs
Dewi

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous wintery card, great design!
Glad that you could join us for the challenge at Come And Get It…..hope to see you back soon!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Sue Crease said...

Lovely Christmas card with a wonderful Christmas tree. Love all the sparkle too. Thanks for linking up with us over at myshericrafts this time around.
Sue

Dawn said...

Stunning! I agree, it looks like your tree has lights!
Hugs
Dawn xx

gail said...

This is stunning love your colouring. Gail

Lisa Mensing said...

What a beautiful winter card! So prefect for our Winter Wishes use a snowflake challenge. Thank you for sharing with us at CIO.

Unknown said...

Wow that tree is awesome! :) Love how it looks lit up! Thank you for sharing on this weeks Artistry Challenge. Melissa - Vandicrafts

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card!!! Love colours. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Marjeta said...

Fantastic card.I adore winter landscape.

LP, Marjeta

Glenda said...

Beautiful! Love the sparkles! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

Glenda's Cards