Friday, November 14, 2014

Feast Day

     I know by now you are all completely ready for Thanksgiving, right?  Pies baked, turkey bought and ready to thaw a day or two before, menu planned, good China and stemware washed and shiny, dust bunnies and cobwebs banished -- yeah, yeah, I know...  Well, this gobbler is ready and waiting!  He looks just like every man I've ever known, of whatever age, sitting at the table, waiting impatiently while the women are still slaving away in the kitchen.  :-D

     Friday means there's a new challenge at QKR Stampede and our theme this week is ""I'm Thankful for..."
My image is Digi 15904, "Thanksgiving Feast" and the sentiment is Digi 13815, "Happy Thanksgiving,"  both from QKR Stampede.  I'm thankful for family, food, and lots of other hands helping in the kitchen.


I based this design on the sketch at Sketchy Colors but reversed
so that the background is square and the image is round,
 and the sentiment piece is on the opposite side..



          The image is colored with ProMarkers and then die cut with a simple circle die from QuicKutz.   The doily is cut with a die from Cheery Lynn.  The rust CS behind the image and also framing the sentiment are salvaged scraps, as is the polka dot dp.  The ribbon and lace are from my stash, probably originally from a local scrap store.  The rose is from Recollections.

     Challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs
Come and Get It
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Sentiments Designs
Delightful Challenges
Die Cuttin' Divas
Dragonfly Dreams
Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Glitter 'n Sparkle
House That Stamps Built
Papertake Weekly
Party Time Tuesday
Passion for ProMarkers
Scrappy Hands
That Craft Place

     Hey, folks, it's time for the weekend!  Get your crafting hats on and make something that pleases you.  Then go finish the pre-Thanksgiving chores which still need to be done.  Life's short -- eat dessert first!  :-D  NanaConnie

27 comments:

Benzi said...

Ha.........feed him good, Connie. That is a really cute image and great card. I am always away for Thanksgiving so I am one of the helping hands in the kitchen. I know, though, the hostess has the hardest job of all.
Have a good weekend.

Donna Ellis said...

Such a cute little gobbler, Connie! and a delightful coloring scheme. The shading is great! I'm trying to learn how to use intense colors (like yours) and bleed them out, too. You've done a great job! Sweet card hugs, de

Peanut said...

oh my! That's a fat'un, NC! And handsome too, thanks to your fab colouring!
hugs, Asha

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my he sure looks "stuffed". Fabulous card hun.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! That turkey is absolutely adorable NC!! Really love your coloring and fun card here! HUGS :)

Anne Temple said...

You'r gobbler is so cute and I agree that he looks like someone just waiting to be waited on :-) Great coloring too.

everything with stickles.blogspot.com said...

Cool card i love it,made me laugh, Thanks for sharing at glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x good luck x

Cely said...

so stinkin adorable!

jimlynn said...

LOL! This reminds me of my brother at Thanksgiving!!!! He just stuffs himself! I think that I'll just give him a hamburger this year and be done with it!
Too cute and fun and a fantastic card!
Lynn

Bunny said...

Love the turkey image. Wonder what he's eating....? Nice coloring. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

He's a hoot....just love those characters at QKR. NOPE...ORDERING MY TURKEY FROM MY FSVORITE BBQ PLACE. I will make Mac and cheese and a pumpkin pie will be made ahead of time. I'll make cranberry relish salad which I will be the only one eating....that's ok. Stay well and keep those cute cards coming.

Synnøve said...

Love the image and your colouring! Really good use of our sketch. Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketchy Colors this week!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

This critter is over stuff and now ready for some pumpkin pie. Poor thing had too much to eat. Fab imagery and coloring.
Hugs

Cathy P said...

How cute is that turkey, Connie?!? Love the deep colors and your ribbon and flower embellies. Thanks for playing with our Anything Goes Challenge at Crafty Sentiments! Good luck. Cathy xx

Dawn said...

Hi NannaConnie,
So sorry I've been MIA this week! Life just got in the way & I've had no time for blogging or leaving any blog love! I've had a look at all your brilliant creations this morning! Great work as always!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Lia said...

This is so cute!

xx
Lia Stampz Challenge Blog DT

shulsart said...

Adorable image and fun card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Corina said...

Great image! I like the rich colours that you have used. Thank you for joining in on the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is a brilliant image- love it! Your coloring is wonderful : ) The boys in my husbands family- they can eat and eat and eat- never gain a pound!!! I am just a helper- if any help is needed in the kitchen, and enjoy seeing the kids from year to year- seeing how much they grow and mature.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh what a fun card and he looks so well fed! Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments, Susan x

Julie said...

Oh so sweet, and a great colour combo! Thanks for joining in my Lace challenge at a Passion for Promarkers, Juliexx

coops said...

so stunning connie.i love your design and colours and the fun image is fabulous.
Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Patti J said...

Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at The House That Stamps built! Ha ha....what a fun card you have created - I love the image, and you have brought it to life! Great job!

maureenjscott said...

Fabulous card, Thanks for sharing at Crafting by Designs, Mo xxx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Fabulous image Connie and I love your card. Poor little thing...lol Hugs, joann

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love your fun and whimsical card!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Laurian said...

Cute!

Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian
Owner Dragonfly Dreams