Friday, November 7, 2014

Hanging the Star

     I'm so tickled to be able to share with you yet another challenge at QKR Stampede where our theme this week is "Let's Think Christmas."   Mostly I'm tickled with how well the coloring came together on this adorable "Hanging the Star" mouse.  OK, now, I want to hear everyone break out into a chorus of "Deck the Halls."  It's my favorite Christmas carol.  :-D


I based this on the sketch at The Sweetest Thing.


     The image is colored with my always-the-first-to-reach-for ProMarkers, then die cut and matted with CS from my stash.  The sentiment, "Yuletide Treasures," is also from QKR Stampede and I die cut and matted it, as well.  The dp pieces are from DCWV and have been in my Christmas stash forever.  The ribbon I used for the bow was the last scrap I had, just enough to tie a bow.  My final touch was the three little pearls in the lower corner.

     Challenges:
Card Mania
Craft Your Passion
Crafty Sentiments
Creative Card Crew
Die Cuttin' Divas
Dream Valley
Get Creative
Glitter n Sparkle
Incy Wincy
My Craft Creations
Not Just Cards
Ppinkydolls
Quirky Crafts
Ribbon Girl
Whoopsi Daisy

     I hope your week has gone well and that you have wonderful plans for the weekend.  I hope you can find some time to make a card for our challenge at QKR Stampede while you're at it.  Remember, you're not required to use an image from QKR to enter, but you certainly increase your chances of winning if you do since we have a separate drawing just for those who use QKR images.  Good luck if you do come and play.

     Has "Deck the Halls" stopped running through your head yet?  No?  Catchy, isn't it.   :-D

Happy Stamping.   NanaConnie

20 comments:

Peanut said...

Still humming in in my head... but I will break out into song shortly. What a CUTE card...he looks happy with his tree!
hugs, Asha

Benzi said...

Very cute, Connie. Fun image and it puts me in the mood for decorating a tree....well, not too long from now.

*Vicki* said...

So adorable NC!! I love the green colors with the sparkle!! Really looks festive and makes you want to start singing Christmas tunes!! :) HUGS

Jac’s Playground said...

Wonderful card, love the adorable image and the sparkly star, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

loving your green card NC! I love the image too! perfect for the challenge!Thank you for joining us at creative card crew christmas joy challlenge! Irene DT and design team teamie! xx

jimlynn said...

Still singing over here! TOOOO cute and yes, your coloring is outstanding on this little guy. Cute card!
Lynn

Teresa Arsenault said...

Adorable and so beautifully coloured. Love that circle sentiment too.
Hugs,
Teresa

Unknown said...

Lovely project! Thanks for playing at Glitter and Sparkle! We hope to see you next time! Good luck!

Christine Harrop said...

I'm singing over here in the UK. Can you hear me? Thanks for sharing your cute Christmas card with us at Get Creative Challenges and we hope to see you again soon. Good luck. Christine DT x

Dawn said...

La la la la lalalala fala lalala....
This one made me "awww" out loud! He's just adorable & your colouring is spot on!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Kati said...

I am in the choir too :) singing with you.

What a beautiful creation!! Thanks so much for playing along at Not Just Cards Challenge Blog
Kati DT

Unknown said...

Great card and a super fun image.

Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.

Tracey DT

Georgiana said...

Too cute for the holidays! Thanks for joining our “Recipe” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

Betty said...

Such a fun card love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week
Bettyxxx

Shelly said...

This is so cute and the image is adorable!

Thank you for joining us a Die Cuttin Divas!!
Shelly

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Christmas card and loving the image and sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Debbie Adams said...

Big smile! :D This is a cute card. Lovely coloring you did on your image, he's so cute. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Challenge.
Deborah GDT

Thank you for the smile. :D

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful Coloring Connie and such a cute and adorable card. Hugs, joann

Guild Master Crystal said...

Great Christmas card! Love your colouring.
Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
~ Crystal (DT)