Saturday, April 13, 2024

Kitchen Adventures

      Today I've done another card celebrating country kitchens and the adventures which can be found in simple, home-prepared meals.  Country kitchens always make me think of my childhood.  Even the faintest whiff of baking bread takes me right back to the childhood kitchens of not only my own home but also my Grammy's warm and wonderful kitchen.

      Among my favorite memories are those of Grammy's special French Toast breakfasts always made with slices of her home baked sourdough bread and eggs fresh from the hen house.  Many a weekend morning I enjoyed that treat.  Our house was located diagonally behind my grandparent's home and, although the properties were large compared to today's standards, it was a fairly simple trek across to the backyard corners of each yard and around the large expanse of her veggie garden, through the back door, and into the kitchen.  Sundays often found me there for an early morning breakfast!

     This card is a salute to those French Toast memories.  The image is digital clip art, printed in grayscale, and colored with Sanjoki markers.  I used a square QuicKutz die on the image, then inked the edges with a marker.  The background was made using dp scraps from the basket.  I printed and cut the sentiment with an Avery Elle die.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

1 comment:

Becca S said...

Outstanding!!! You find the best farmhouse and farm country scenes!!! I also love the 2 papers your paired with it! Looks like it could be a wallpapered wall using coordinating designs from York or Blonder or another wallpaper company! (I use to sell wallpaper and other home decor including drapery and upholstery fabrics!) Thanks for participating at FQHSKCB!!! --Becca