Monday, August 16, 2021

Everything Ages

      I have to do a little explaining about the image I used for today's card.  It came from Twinkle Lane Designs and it's the freebie image for the progressive challenge at The Outlawz this month.  The image is called "New Car" and my car is definitely not colored to look anything like a new car.  

     But I wanted to use it as a masculine birthday card for one of the 'older' males in my family and I really didn't want him thinking the card would be a promise of a new car as a birthday gift!  :-D  So, my apologies to the artist who intended the car to be bright and shiny and sparkling.  

     I had intended to reverse the image before I printed it so that it would look more like an old, American, left-hand-drive, car and not quite so British but I simply forgot about flipping it.  Sigh... as we age, the memory goes.  I'm told the memory goes second but I can't remember what goes first.  lol

     I used my ProMarkers to color the image and I cut it with a die from Tonic Studios.  The image came with sentiments (one of which I used - the Happy Birthday part) as well as some add on features.  I printed the extra license place, fussy cut it, 'bent' it, added a bit of rust, and glued one corner to the car so that it appeared to be falling off.

     The card base is an old one I had in my stash from the "Linen Closet" collection by DCWV.  The first part of the sentiment (which is my own and is at the top of the card) was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  Because I'm using it as a masculine birthday card, I added no embellishment other than the bent license plate which actually gives a bit of 3D texture.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Myriam said...

What a cool car(d)! :-)
Thanks for playing with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
I hope to see you next time!
Hugs, Myriam
DT Polkadoodles

*Vicki* said...

Oh this is fantastic NC!! I absolutely LOVE your coloring on this for the Vintage style aspect!! Really great idea for a masculine card for sure and I'm always needing these types for my family which is male dominated!! LOL!! Thank you for your wonderful inspiration my friend!!

Furrbster said...

Love it,

Thanks for playing along with our twist over at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Colien said...

Wonderful retro-car on your card, love it!
Thanks for joining our challenge on the 4 Seasons blog.
grtz Colien

brenda said...

You did an excellent job colouring the car to look aged, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations August challenge.

B x

Ellibelle said...

Great details on this birthday card, love how you aged it!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Marlies said...

A lovely masculine card. Great job with the colouring! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Doris Klein said...

this is really nice! Love the colouration of the image!

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Monica C. said...

What amazing coloring, Connie! You definitely nailed it to get that car looking aged. Great job!
Hugs Monica

Maz said...

Loving the retro car image and fab colouring :) Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Challenge - Good Luck!
Maz DT
https://blackheartcrafts.blogspot.com/

Lisa Bird said...

Awesome card and great matching sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog.

Helen x
DT

Colien said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks for joining our retro-challenge on the 4 Season blog
grtz Colien

candio said...

Super c00l card - love the added pop tab embellishment! Thanks for playing along with the challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! DT Candace

Nelly said...

Prachtige kaart helemaal in retro stijl.
Bedankt voor je deelname aan de challenge van 4-SCB.

Groetjes Nelly