Thursday, August 5, 2021

Dance 'til ...

      A few days ago, I told you about the inspiration I got from seeing a live dance competition and how that resulted in a new batch of cards featuring dance themes.  (See this post for the full story.)  Today, I want to share 2 of the latest dance cards.

     This first one is delightfully romantic and also vintage, reflecting a feel of the 1920s.  The digi image is pre-colored and I found it online after doing a search for "dancers."  There is no way to credit the artist because no information was given about who drew it.  If anyone recognizes it, please let me know and I'll edit this post to give proper credit.

     I'm going to give this to a friend who wants to use this as an Anniversary card.

     I cut the image with a rectangle die from QuicKutz.  I used a Fiskars punch to round the corners, and cut the gold frame with an Unbranded die.  I embossed the frame with my "Linen" EF.  I added no ribbon or bow or gems, feeling that the delicacy of the filigree frame was enough embellishment.


     Challenges:

     This second card was made for the recipe challenge at Crafty Chefs.  That challenge has been reactivated due to the efforts of  Monica of Sunshine Creativity (bless you, my friend!) who has given us a much simplified recipe this month.  Only 2 ingredients: die cuts & a sentiment.

     This is not a challenge for a prize.  It's open to any kind of project providing you use the recipe ingredients, and it's there purely for the fun of challenging ourselves and sharing our results with friends.  If that sound like your kind of challenge, come join the Crafty Chefs on the Facebook page and play along.

     This image was printed on water color paper and I used water color paints to color it.  The background was 'aged' with a beige ProMarker but the text is part of the image.  The pink frames were cut with Tonic Studios dies.  I cut the larger one into 2 pieces and left the 2 diagonal corners slightly open.  The ivy leaves came from a Sue Wilson die and the sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  I used beige CS to make the card base because I wanted an aged look but also wanted contrast with the white leaves and sentiment.


     Challenges:

     That's all I have for today but I still have several more cards with dance themes either made or in process and I'll be posting them off and on over the next two months.  For now, Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Your dancing couples are very charming NC! I love that roaring twenties vintage feel to that top card and that sentiment goes perfect with it! Your second card is enchanting with the fun scripted background and layers! Very romantic feeling! Love watching the couple dance live as well...great makes my friend!! TFS! HUGS

karin said...

Love your cards with the dance couples on it!
Karin

Bunny said...

I love to dance and these cards are great. [Bunny]

coldwaters2 said...

These are gorgeous I especially love the Art Deco styled one the black and gold look so good together a great sentiment thank you for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS
hugs
lolo x

R's Rue said...

So gorgeous.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Connie:
Your cards are lovely, as always. I'm so grateful to have you play along in our challenge. I really appreciate it, and I look forward to seeing more of your talent.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog

brenda said...

Both creations are lovely and images each has a romantic feel to it, lovely to see you at both Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenge, thank you for joining in.

You have entered the first at SS but only the second would be eligible there as that is coloured the other pre-colored (rules explain), you could swap?

B x

Jane Savage said...

Wonderful projects both!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

carla said...

These cards are very beautiful.
Thank you for participating in our challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
Good Luck !
Carla (DT)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two beautifully themed cards for our challenge at Allsorts this week, thank you for entering.
Lorraine

Mrs.B said...

Two great cards,
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril xx

Arlene said...

Super cards. I think both cards are delightful and wonderful. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2021/08/spending-time-with-altenew.html for the August Challenge for "Watercolor real or faux"

Kim said...

Beautiful cards. Really like the intricate cuts you placed on both of them. Thanks for joining the challenge at Get Creative Challenge Blog.

Colleen Dietrich said...

These are both classy, and I do so like the vintage vibe of the first card! REminds me of The Great Gatsby era.

Monica C. said...

Your cards are both so beautiful, Connie! I love the theme that you have used and how you have integrated the die cuts into them.
I have so enjoyed seeing people play along in the Crafty Chefs group.
Hugs Monica

Julie Odil said...

Gorgeous cards, NC! Thanks so much for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Julie, DT member

Deborah Wainwright said...

Cute card! thanks for entering the Country View crafts Monochromatic challenge. Hugs Debs

Elizabeth Hart said...

Loving the dancing theme and especially loved your first card. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)