Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Flying Lessons

      It's Thursday and time for the latest challenge at Creative Knockouts!  Our theme this week is "Furry Friends" and our sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps, who provided images for the DT to use.  

      I'm sure many of you, looking at this cute image for the first time, will presume that the 'Whimsical Cat' is looking for an opportunity to pounce on the little birds.  But, NO, you'd be wrong!  He's actually taking flying lessons from them!  lol

     Colored with ProMarkers and gel pens, then cut with a die from QuicKutz.  Framed with another QuicKutz die cut and the largest die in that set cut the striped frame.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  The mesh ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  All the dp, including the wood grain background, came from a stack by DCWV.  The grosgrain 'butterfly' bow is one of my favorite styles, deliberately tied into a butterfly shape.


I used all 6 of the colors from Color Board #448 at Color Dare.

     Challenges:

     Come play in our Furry Friends challenge this week!   You could win a fantastic prize from Bugaboo Stamps and we'll enjoy being inspired by you.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful image, beautifully coloured Connie, I love the ribbon and card.
Faith x

Jac’s Playground said...

Great card, love the image and wonderful design too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

MortiCraft said...

What a fun card! The image is great and the sentiment too!! Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

Monica C. said...

I always enjoy your sense of humor, Connie. Imagine a cat taking flying lessons ha ha!
Lovely card, the little bow is lovely too.
Hugs Monica

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great image and coloring... love the bow and ribbon you used on the one side. Fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

OlgaB said...

Gorgeous project!
Thank you for joining Catch the Bug!
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

R's Rue said...

I love this card and all the color used. What a smile it brought to my face. God Bless you. Hugs. Stay safe.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Roberta Cercato said...

Hello!
I love your project and I love the cat!
Thanks for joining us, I hope to see you in the challenges too!
Roberta DT Scrapping4funChallenges

Shawna said...

So cute! Your coloring is delightful and playful. Just a fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at CMHCD.

Susan Renshaw said...

Super image and I love the ribbon...
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan
Color My Heart Color Dare
Challenges

Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Michelle said...

What a cute and fun card. Love how you used our colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Vandra said...

Great colouring, such a cute ribbon too. Thanks for sharing with Colour Dare Challenge, I hope you can join us again soon.

ike said...

Such a great card and very cute image.
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog