Friday, September 13, 2019

Crisp Mornings and Coffee

     It's Friday and I have another QKR Stampede DT card to share for our Anything Goes challenge.  My image today is called "First Morning Cup" and the sentiment (which is mine) should explain everything.

     I love fall !  During the summers (which are hot, hot, HOT in my part of the world), I rarely drink coffee or any other hot drink.  I do love my coffee so when fall rolls around and the air is crisp, I get to enjoy it again.  However, be warned - no matter what time I awake, nothing comes before the coffee! 

     I have one of those coffee makers which is on a timer and it's set to start 20 minutes before I normally get up.  The smell of the coffee brewing is an incentive to crawl out of bed, visit the little room, and find the coffee mug.  I admit I'm not the most pleasant person first thing in the a.m. -- in fact, many in the family have referred to me as a grouch, a curmudgeon, even a bi_ _ _!  Who me?  I'm none of those things.  I'm simply caffeine deprived.  :-D


Colored with Promarkers
Image and frame cut with Tutti Designs stitched dies
Green, stitched, satin ribbon
Green CS square embossed with "Linen" folder
Crystal and green gems

     Challenges:
Angie's Digital Stamps
Art Impressions
Cardz TV
Colour Crazy
Crafty Calendar
Crafty Sentiments
Creative Fingers
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz Greetings
TTCRD

     I hope you're going to come and play with us this week.  You can use any image from any company but if you choose to use a QKR Stampede image, your entry will go into a separate draw and that increases your chances of winning by a huge amount!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lots of fun and a Super card.
Faith x

jimlynn said...

CUTE little bear and I love your card. As far as the coffee goes - I'll let you have it. Would you believe I don't even like the smell of it!!! I know that's pretty unheard of.
Lynn

Anne Buckingham said...

Most of us are a bear before coffee. (ha, ha) Cute card

Joy Wilson said...

Very cute! I'm not a coffee fan, but I sure do drink my share of caffeinated beverages! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

*Vicki* said...

Oh that bear is adorable Connie! :) I really love your layout with him too! I completely agree with you on the morning coffee! Both hubby and I set our timer and it's wonderful to smell that coffee waking up from bed!! Best thing ever...especially in the Fall!!

Angie said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Angie's Digital STamps! Angie-DT/Owner

http://angiescreationsblog.blogspot.com/
https://angiesdigitalstamps.blogspot.com/
https://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/
https://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/

Monica C. said...

Oh I am with you on the morning coffee! We also have a coffee pot with a timer and what a let down when I may have forgotten to set it the night before.
Sweet card Connie.
Hugs Monica

Rae Ann said...

The green tones and shimmer are so awesome. The stitched dies add a great detail.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Dies and/or Punches challenge.

Gale said...

Lovely card and sentiment Connie! Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Crafty Calendar Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/

wannabcre8tive said...

Cute card and I love having coffee ready when I get up, it does help. :)

Dawn said...

Finally made it over! I love your card NanaC! I do love my morning coffee, sets me up nicely for the day ahead!
I love the colours you've used too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Julie Odil said...

I do not drink coffee, but sometimes I wish I did just because people seem to enjoy it so much. I just wish it tasted like it smelled. I love your card, and the sentiment, by the way, and I want to thank you for linking up at Colour Crazy Challenge. Julie O, DT member

Renee Matarese said...

Oh my gosh how cute! I don't drink coffee but I always enjoy a funny, coffee themed card! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions.