Saturday, January 19, 2019

Purple Winter Silhouette

     I tried something new with this card and I'm very pleased with the end result.  I mixed water coloring and heat embossing with a silhouette image.


      I started with watercolor paper, painting it with purple to make the ombre background.sky.  After letting that dry and ironing it flat (because it had curled from the water), I printed the Silhouette Scene image (Digi Set 493b) from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  I drew around the image with a Versa-Mark pen and heat embossed it with matte, smoke gray EP.  After it was set, I drew around that with the Versa-Mark pen again and used white EP to make another border.  I cut the image by hand just outside the white, embossed border.

     The sentiment (part of that same set) is printed and cut with an Unbranded die.  I mounted both of those pieces onto black CS, then added the three tiny gems in the diagonal corners.  I wanted to pop out the lavender sky so I chose a purple card base and added a scrap of dp across the top.  Once I adhered the black CS piece with the image, it really pulled the lavender and purple to the fore.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Sentiments Designs
Get Creative
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Polkadoodles
Sparkle n Sprinkle
Words to Craft By

     That's it for today and maybe for a few more days before I can manage to post again.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wowza- this is beautiful!!! I have that SNS stamp- so love it!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

You've done a fabulous job with this stamp set. Love the background colors - so soft. Love the embossed borders too! Thanks for joining us over at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful, a lot of work which was so worthwhile.
Faith
x

Monica C. said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love your purple background.
Hugs
Monica

Nelly said...



Love the colour and the tranquil scene ; Good luck with the Polkadoodles challenge!

Nelly DT

Sybrina K said...

Hi Connie! Happy 2019! This card is such a pretty way to start the new year! Oh my gosh.... I just love the effect you achieved pairing watercoloring and heat embossing. WOW!!! Thanks so much for playing along with our first Words 2 Craft By Challenge of 2019. It's always wonderful to see one of your handiworks in our W2CB Gallery. :)

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Connie, this is stunning!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Koraliki Beaty said...

Wow stunning creation. Thanks for playing with us at polkadoodles.DT Beata

Catrin Goodwin said...

What a lovely Dramatic card! i love the shades of purple and silhouette image! Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge

Marina Atsali said...

Wonderful work. Thank you for joing us over on the Get Creative Challenger Blog. Good Luck!

Celeste Goff said...

Gorgeous scene you've created on this card...very serene! Thank you for joining us at W2CB!