Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Birthday Celebration

     Before I tell you about today's post, let me give you a quick update.  I've spent the majority of the last 4 days, sometimes long into the night time hours so the sleeping pattern has been badly disrupted, working on all the things I have to complete around the house.  I've been packing boxes and it's amazing what one runs across during that process.  I've been trimming down, throwing out, reorganizing -- all those things one does during this process.

     But yesterday, I awoke at 1:30 a.m.  Since I was clearly wide awake, I gave myself permission to take a break and indulge in some crafting.  I made a batch of cards for the week-long, daily challenge themes at Catch the Bug where they are celebrating their 9th Anniversary.  That means they are just starting their 10th year and I want to help them celebrate that wonderful new beginning!

     They have a different theme for each day and we all have until Saturday evening to get our projects entered.  So, I spent 7 hours making 6 cards, including coloring each of the Bugaboo Stamps images, and I'll make one more with Friday's Freebie Image once it's been released.

     I'm sharing the first 3 of those cards here in this post and will do the others late on Friday or perhaps Saturday morning

Saturday Theme: Monster Birthday Party


I started with the sketch from Sketch Saturday.

     I colored with ProMarkers, then used two dies from Tonic Studios to cut the image and the aqua frame.  I layered those two together, sandwiching the green, polka dot, ribbon between them, then mounted them onto sky blue CS.

     I printed and hand cut the sentiment, matted it with aqua CS, hand cut that, and added it to the bottom.

     Challenges for this card:
Cardz TV
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Catz
Crafty Friends
Outlawz Festive Friday
Polkadoodles


Sunday ThemeSketch


                                         

      Again, I used ProMarkers to color the image (which is a new one for me) but I cut this one with a die from Gina Marie.  I used a square, kraft CS card base, then added the two narrow rectangles of glittered paper.  I wrapped that with stitched ribbon from Crafty Ribbons before adding the image piece.

     I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, and then added the three rows of three metal brads to the top corner.

     Challenges for this card:
Colour Crazy
Crafty Creations
Creative Knockouts
I {heart} ProMarkers
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.


Monday ThemeAnything But a Card


     For this one, I did a party favor box with a personalized tag.  I used one of my box dies from Spellbinders to cut glitter CS and fold it into the tall, box shape.

     The name of each guest is on the back of the tag.  I colored the tag image with watercolor pencils and gel pens.  I cut it with a stitched die from Cottage Cutz.  I printed and hand cut the sentiment sand added twine to the corners of both the tag and the sentiment and taped the twine loops inside the favor box.  I filled the boxes with chocolate candy.

     Challenges for this project:
Creative Inspirations
Creative Moments
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
Paper Fundays
Scrappy Land

     Happy Crafting, my friends.  NanaConnie

24 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! You have been one busy lady!! I can't even think about ever having to pack up my scrap room!! Yikes! It would take forever! I love your 3 monster cards! They are all so adorably cute! Good Luck with your packing!!

Monica C. said...

Love all three of your projects. And good luck with your packing. Moving is very stressful and more so if one has lived in one place for a while.
Hugs
Monica

*Vicki* said...

Packing and moving is HARD WORK! (did it about 5 years ago!) Glad you took time out to color as these guys make me smile from ear to ear!! :) Love your coloring and fun designs!! HUGS

Gina's Cards said...

Such a gorgeous favour box, the tag is so cute. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW these are fabulous, love the images. I hope you are well.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! my goodness, you have been a busy girl and the night time hours suit you!!! I hope you got some sleep after all that? Love the cards, fun and clourful.
Faith
x

Donna Ellis said...

Darling little monsters, and it’s a good thing, too, if you’re making monster cards in the middle of the night! Giggle. Guess there is always a silver lining to have to sort through crafting stuff. I’ve been doing a bit of the same myself, with the added perk of not having to pack or move. Love your sweet little celebrational creations! xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

What cute cards. You sure have been busy. Are you moving or just decluttering?

Brenda said...

This is a darling set of monsters. I love your take on the SS sketch. Thanks so much for joining us over at Sketch Saturday Challenge!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeosu card . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge. Good luck Ginny DT forI ♥promarkers
My Blog As I do Rodos

dj said...

You have been busy!! Such fun projects you have going on here!! Thanks for choosing Sketch Saturday as the inspiration for one of your projects!! We enjoy seeing each individual take on our sketch!!

Borqna said...

Bravo!
Good luck!

NickScrapShack said...

These are so much fun! Great colouring too.
Thank you for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck! Nick

Donna Walls said...

Adorable little birthday monster! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and we hope to see you again next month! Donna - DT Member

Lyn said...

Love your projects - they are all great!! Thanks for joining in this week's bday celebration!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh NC- you need some shut eye! I cannot imagine moving, but we have been entertaining the idea- after 30 years.....ugggg! Your crafting/creating has been super- loving the images you picked- funny too- I have to look up the first 2 : ) Loving your tag on that beautiful shimmery box!

Dawn Frost said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's Birthday Bash Celebration, good luck. Dawn Bugaboo DT

CraftyNatalie said...

Great monster make. Thanks for joining us at catch the bug for our annual birthday challenge.

Ellibelle said...

Such wonderful creations, each one so fun and love those cute creatures!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday Challenge this month where it's all about Sparkle and Shine!
Ellie

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Funny, cute and adorable cards. Thank you for play with us at Polkadoodles Challenge. Good luck with your entry.

Min said...

Awesome cards!! Too cute! Thanks so much for playin' along with our Bugaboo Stamps 9th Birthday Bash! We hope you'll join us again this week for our newest challenges!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min - Bugaboo Stamps Design Team

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks so much for playing along in our Birthday Monster Bash! I love your project! Good luck!

Melanie said...

Great cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "something new” challenge over at Crafty Friends & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)

Lori Kobular said...

Great Monster Birthday cards that any kid would love! Thanks for sharing them with us at Scrapy Land Challeges!