Saturday, March 24, 2018

Rambling Rose

     This lovely little sprite from AuroraWings caught my attention when I was at their store choosing images from my win in last month's challenge.  :-D  She's called Wild Rose Sprite but I colored her in peachy gold colors to look like the rambling roses my mom cultivated along the back porch arbor when I was growing up.  That's my absolute favorite color for roses to this day!


I started by using the sketch from Viva la Verve
but I flipped it side to side so that it's reversed
and lengthened the horizontal to better fit the
shape of my image.


     I colored with ProMarkers, then die cut the image with one of my Spellbinders dies.  I inked the edges with black ProMarker.   I started digging through my scrap basket and found that beautiful paper which mirrored the colors I had used in the image.  What is odd about it is that I simply don't remember ever having seen that paper before!  It was the only scrap like it and I did a quick look-through of my paper stacks but nothing like it exists in my stash.  Hmmm, oh well, call it a lucky find or a miracle, I love how it "made" this card !

     The black strip is fabric ribbon that came in a card kit but I didn't use it for either of those projects so it was waiting for me when I wanted something out of the ordinary for this one.  I printed and hand cut the sentiment, then sewed together the tiny, pink bow with the pearl.  It looks bright pink in the photo but is actually a perfect match for the pink card base, visible around the edges of the card.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments (dp/digi/fav color)
Colour Crazy
Crafty Catz
DL.ART
Fussy and Fancy
Outlawz Festive Friday
Polkadoodles
Southern Girls

     Thanks for visiting.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

jimlynn said...

Love this pretty card with such a sweet image on it. Your coloring is fabulous and isn't it wonderful to bring back those memories.
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh Connie, what a beautiful card, love the colouring of the rose sprite.
Faith
x

DIANA L. said...

Adorable card and cute image wonderfully colored. I love it.
Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #225-“FLOWERS” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com


DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Connie, I absolutely love your coloring of Wild Rose Sprite and the fond memories she's bringing you. That paper is quite the fabulous find in your stash and you've done a fabulous job with the sketch, as well. Always loving those sweet little bows you make,too. Thanks so much for joining our "Sprite Delight challenge at Aurora Wings but don't forget to mention and link it in your post, please. A huge congrats on your Artist's Choice win from the last challenge, too. Well deserved! xxD

Tone K. said...

Very pretty! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

Jac’s Playground said...

So gorgeously coloured and love how it matches the background paper, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Pssequimages said...

Awww! The little Ramblin Rose is just so dainty and so pretty in the yellows. That's such a pretty die (that Spellbinders Gold Labels 4)I love how those design elements are picked up in the side panel. Gorgeous Card, wonderful colors! Thank you for joining us for the Aurora Wings Sprite Delight V--and 4th Anniversary Celebration. ~Priss Steelman~ Aurora Wings Guest Designer for March.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card. So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve!

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Connie, this is stunning! The colouring is fabulous and loving the colours you chose too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Furrbster said...

This is a fabulous colour indeed! I do love the more delicately coloured rambling roses - I had a lovely white one with peach tones to the base of the petals, groing through the hedge at my last house.

Thanks for BINGOing with us at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Glenda Atkins said...

I am so impressed with your colouring, wow! Great card Connie, love it!
hugs
Glenda

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Aww, that's my favorite rose color, too, NanaConnie! I love your coloring on the Wild Rose Sprite, and this classy design with the pretty black ribbon strip. Stunning! Thank you for joining our Sprite Delight V challenge at AWCB! Mitzi xx

Creative world said...

Beautiful image and coloring...thank you for joining us at COLOUR CRAZY challenge
Željka DT xx

Annemi said...

Fantastic coloring and beautiful design. Thanks so much for joining our "Sprite Delight challenge at Aurora Wings.Hugz