Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Mind of a Cat

     Those of you who think you own a cat and those of you who fully understand that you are owned by a cat (or cats!) will appreciate the reality of this sentiment while the rest of you will find humor in  it.  That's a good thing since this card was done for Humor Me Wednesday at Catch the Bug, another of my Guest Designer creations.  Of course, if you and your fur babies live in cold country, this is just the first sign of spring!  lol

     I used "Bobblehead Farm Cat" from Bugaboo Stamps and it's only a dollar!  Can you believe that?  Go check it out; I've given you a link directly to it.


     I colored the image with ProMarkers, adding a floor and wall so that it's obvious he's inside.  I die cut him with a pinpoint, rectangle die from Memory Box and I cut the frame with another, larger die from that same set.

     The dp is a scrap which originally came from a "Linen Closet" stack by DCWV.  It's embossed and glittery.  I used the very last bit of some sheer, gold ribbon I had and added another of those accordion fold bows I like to make.

     I first saw bows like these in the embellishments section of my local scrapbooking store but they were very expensive!  I decided to try making them myself and bought three large rolls of beige fabric ribbon about an inch wide.  Once I conquered how to make the accordion fold (I use my bowmaker and wrap them around the middle), they were a snap to make.  I made several over the long weekend and had some left on the craft table so grabbed one for this card.  I think I used one on yesterday's card, too.

     Challenges:
A Perfect Time to Craft
Bugaboo Crafty (Crafting Circle)
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Sentiments
Digi Choosday
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
SUYP Cats
TTCRD

     I'm having so much fun as a GDT for Catch the Bug and I know I'm going to miss it when it's over.  But for now, the fun continues!  Happy crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

jimlynn said...

That sentiment could apply to Rambo too! LOVE your cute little kitty. Precious card - and that bow is wonderful! Love the accordion look on it.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Love the sentiment! Beautiful kitty and another of your gorgeous bows.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lola said...

LOL. Very cute and your bow is delightful.

Beatriz said...

Lovely card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs, good luck and hope to see you next time! Hugs. Beatriz DT

Tracie said...

Such an adorable card. The sentiment is spot on also speaking for another cat person. Cats definitely have a mind of their own. Thanks for playing long with us at PIP Challenges.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Hee hee hee hee I love it nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


GalFridayStamping said...

What a lovely creation! Love that image and background paper... Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday and best of luck with your entry.

Jane DT for  http://https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such fun, love the sentiment. Great bow and paper too.
Faith
x

Lori Kobular said...

OMG!! That is my Maddie girl, although she is a dog, but she is constantly wanting to go out and then come right back in, I think she is forgetting why she wants to go outside! Adorable card!

Janice said...

Super card with a fun image and sentiment.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Janice DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

Julie said...

Your card made me laugh. I think my dog is always on the wrong side of the door
thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday
Julie T

ike said...

Excellent kitty. I have 23 cats but they use the Dog Flap so I don't need to keep opening the door LoL
A super card and that little bow is gorgeous.
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog