Friday, February 23, 2018

Go Fly a Kite

     Today I'm using one of my favorite images from QKR Stampede to tell you about this week's challenge which starts today.  The image is "Kite Flying Girl" and what better image for a spring time card?

     I'm sending this to a friend who just needs some friendly encouragement right now.


     I used ProMarkers to color the image, then cut it with die from Spellbinders.  I used my "Linen" embossing folder on some pink CS and then added the image to that.  I found some sparkly white ribbon in my stash and wrapped a piece of it around the pink background.

     I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, and added it above the image.  The final touch was to tie a bow from polka dot ribbon and add it.

     Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments
DL.ART
I {heart} ProMarkers
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Paper Shelter
Pin-Sights
Scrapy Land
Southern Girls

     I hope you're going to come play with us this week.  Our theme is always "Anything Goes" and if you use an image from QKR, you can increase your chances of winning because those go into a completely separate draw.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card, love the image :)
Hugs Kaz x

Linda Simpson said...

This is wonderful and I am sure your friend will love it. Have a wonderful weekend my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a lovely card to send for some encouragement, I suspect it will make her smile and feel better.
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

I"d love to be flying a kite right now but am watching it rain instead. We need the rain though.
LOVE your cute, cute, and fun card. Great coloring too
Lynn

Lori Kobular said...

So cute! I love the strip of sparkle pink on the right hand side of your card!!

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love the kite idea, Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Marja said...

So very sweet, a wonderful creation. Thanks for joining ad Crafty Sentiments Designs. We hope to see you again soon.
Marja DT.

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is darling. Great coloring on the background and the image. hugs, Teresa

CraftyNatalie said...

Great card, very pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Awe, so sweet. Awe, so cute and delightful. Thanks for joining us at scrapyland-blog.com.
Hugs
Berni DT

Sharon Noble said...

Wonderful Card love the colouring and elegance
Thank you for joining us at I Love Pro Markers Challenge Blog.
Hugs Sharon DT Member x