Sunday, September 21, 2014

Puppy Love

     OK, I admit it -- I'm addicted to QKR Stampede images!   I find myself reaching into my collection of them whenever I want something fun or quirky or gently humorous.

     Since I'm a Guest Designer at The Outlawz CAS challenge this month, not only am I getting lots of practice on doing CAS (which I'm really loving!), I get to put on my thinking cap, too.  Our theme this week is the movie "6 Days, 7 Nights" and Pryn's advice is to "think of islands, planes, pirates, castaways, etc."  What I remember most about the movie is that when you take all those things away, it's really all about falling in love.  That meant this adorable image from QKR Stampede was perfect!


There are lots of challenges with an "autumn" or "fall colors" theme this week so
I started with the inspiration photo from Chocolate Baroque.


     The image is colored with a combo of ProMarkers and chalks.  In die cutting the image, I decided to do an out-of-the-box technique with the smaller scalloped rectangle die.  I used a larger scalloped die to cut the brown mat.  The sentiment is cut and matted with the same die set (Spellbinders) but I had to adjust the die to get the right size (cut one side, then move the die and line up the scallops.)

     Everything on the card, including the card front piece, was done using scraps of leftover CS and those scraps have been in the basket for nearly a year.  It was about time to get them used up.  No embellishments; the die cuts and CS mats were enough and this is a CAS challenge.  :-D

     Challenges:
AAA CAS Cards
Bloom Girl
Crafts Galore Encore
Crafting for all Seasons
Crafty Sentiment Designs
Creative Craft Cottage
Creative Moments
Cuttlebug Mania
Oldie but a Goodie
Outlawz PAM
Vandicrafts Artistry

     Enjoy the last half of your weekend and I hope we're going to see you playing along at the Outlawz CAS Challenge.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! Good job using those scraps, I have three boxes I need to actually use myself. lol Thank you for sharing on Vandicrafts' Artistry Challenge
Melissa - Vandicrafts

Cumbrianlass said...

Love your way of thinking NC., the colours are glorious and the image adorable.
Janet xxx

Unknown said...

Such a fab card. Thanks for sharing it with us over at CCC Digi Creations.

Anne Temple said...

Awww.....this guy is adorable! Love your coloring too.

jimlynn said...

He's precious!!! Love your beautiful coloring on this and in fact, love your whole card!
Lynn

Victoria Lavender said...

Ha ha ha ha! I'm laughing my butt off! What a crazy and fun stamp! Thanks for the quick card drop off sweetie. Big hugs, Victoria - AAA Cards

Linda Simpson said...

Oh how beautiful is this! I do love the image and gorgeous card design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Angela said...

Excellent fussy cutting of the arm, Connie! Thanks for entering at AAA Cards!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hi Connie, and congrats on the Guest Designer Position. I too love these wonderful images. Your shading is lovely. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Cazro said...

A wonderful card, a great use of the colours as required but sadly, this does not match the sketch challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stamping On A Tuesday. Caz

Daria said...

What a cute card! The image is so cute and Your coloring is very nice! Thank you for joining the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Make a Card". Hope to see you again! Good luck!

Daria

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is darling and a great use of the colour palette.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Sweet design using the fall colours. Thanks for joining us at Chocolate Baroque's Colour Challenge, Shirleyx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Adorable adorable adorable and I love using scraps! Bravo!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my how precious is this!! I adore that sentiment!! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

shampylou30 said...

Beautiful card thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxx

Debi said...

Adorable image, esp. with that little belly roll sticking out from under his shirt. Are you sure that's a puppy? Looks more like a bear to me. Fun card.

Kimbo said...

What a cute image

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Susanne Rose said...

Fab card! Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. Hugs, Susanne.

Anonymous said...

So adorable!! What a great use of the colors. Thank you Connie for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color challenge. xx

Peanut said...

Awww! How adorable and so beautifully coloured, NC. Wonderful job!
Asha

Unknown said...

Very Very cute image. It is super the way it is all pulled together. Love it and the coloring is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Great Autumn Card great Colours and Design.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Hugs Elfie

judith@poppy cottage said...

Great use of our challenge colours and fab colouring. Thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx