Sunday, September 14, 2014

Autumn Naps

     It's the second Sunday in September and I'm Guest Designing this entire month over at The Outlawz CAS Challenge.  This week we have a challenge theme of "Girly" or "Feminine."  All right, I've done my share of feminine cards so that's no big deal -- except that I make feminine cards with tons of lace and ribbon and flowers and bling and...  Yeah, you get the idea but this card has to be CAS.

     In case you're wondering, yes, I did have a conversation with myself and it went this way, "OK, I made a commitment to do CAS at Outlawz for this entire month and I'm going to do it!"   First I want to share the card and then I'll tell you the other side of the story.


BTW, those of us who are in the "Autumn" of our years know how sweet an afternoon nap can be.  :-D

     The image is from Rick St. Dennis and he's a great sponsor of challenges at Outlawz.  I knew I wanted to use this image since the pumpkin is a great symbol of fall and harvest and Thanksgiving.  But fall colors are hard for me when I'm trying to think "girly."  For me, pink is the color that says "Feminine," not orange or brown.

     Then I remembered -- a couple of years ago my daughter saw some pink pumpkins for sale.  Not painted or dyed but real pumpkins that are pink when they grow.  The lady selling them was donating the proceeds to Breast Cancer Research.  That was near and dear to my heart since I'm a BC survivor (13 years this month!  :-D )   My daughter and I have already decided that next year we are going to grow pink pumpkins and sell them to donate funds to Breast Cancer Research, too.  You can find more info on the Pink Pumpkin Foundation by clicking on their name.

     So, with pink pumpkins in mind, I looked around and found this wonderful color combo over at Creative Craft Cottage:  
                                                                  

     The image is colored with ProMarkers, then die cut and matted.  Because I wanted a feminine feel, I decided that some lace with pink ribbon woven through it would make a good single embellishment.  After all, this is CAS not vintage!  :-D  I laid it diagonally across the card front, than added the image piece, popped up on dimensional dots.  I have it on good authority that despite the lace and ribbon this card still qualifies as CAS -- minimal embellishment, lots of open space, and clean lines.

     Challenges:

     Well, my friends, if I can do a feminine CAS card (even without using a really girly-girl image!) anyone can do it.  Won't you come along and show us what it is that makes you think feminine?  Is it colors, images, certain embellishments, maybe flowers?  Challenge yourself as I did and make a girly card, keeping it CAS.  See you at Outlawz.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my Connie, this is just so cute. I love the colours and beautiful ribbon and lace.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

ps The couple of cards on my blog I made before I went away ;)

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a fabulous CAS! You nailed the challenge with you fun card. Love your image and wonderful coloring. I didn't know there are pink pumpkins...such a wonderful idea to sell them to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research.

I agree about afternoon naps!

jimlynn said...

Fan-tab-u-lous! I've never seen a pink pumpkin before but think that's a wonderful idea for Breast Cancer awareness! Love you CAS card - and yes, it's a perfect CAS design! The pink ribbon added is a wonderful idea too. Outstanding job.
Lynn

Crafty Judith said...

Hi Connie and just stopping over now that we re home - fabulous makes hun loving them hugs Judith x

Lizzy Smith said...

Wow, that is something, pink pumpkins! I love pink ! I have never seen a pink pumpkin but I am going to look into that now. How fun. And by the way, I think naps are fab at any age! Thank you for playing along at Ppinkydolls. I hope you join us again! ~Lizzy DT

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Stunning CAS card! I love this image and coloring is beautiful!
Thank you for entering the Craft Galore Encore Challenge "Make a Card".
Ileanaxx

Monique's art said...

such a sweet card, tha ks for playing at Sparkle and Glitter

Mo
RSD EDT

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Craft Cottage.

Debbie said...

Super cute ... love the coloring on the pumpkin! Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at Paper Sweeties :)

Nadine Carlier said...

Very cute! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Craft Cottage!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Too, too cute. Perfectly CAS. Just love this sweet image. Beautifully colored. Have a fab evening
Hugs

Glenda Atkins said...

This just so adorably cute, great colouring and I love the CAS design!
hugs
Glenda

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

What a fabulous card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Lia Stampz!

Donna Ellis said...

Well, your little guy looks great on the pink pumpkins! I have not seen the pink pumpkins yet, Connie. But if they look anywhere near as pretty as your darling card, then they will be worth a try! thanks for sharing your CAS commitment, too! xo

Dawn said...

Just adorable NanaC! I love the colour combo & that image is soooo sweet!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Peanut said...

LOVE the way you coloured the image ... stunning!
hugs, Asha

brenda said...

This is just lovely, thanks for sharing your creativity with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

*Vicki* said...

AW!! That image is so precious!! The coloring is just perfect for you design too!! Well done my friend! HUGS....you can keep your high temps too! LOL!! I happen to love each season no matter what it brings us!! LOL!!

Teresa Arsenault said...

So sweet. Love the soft coloring on this image.

Mynn xx said...

This is oh so darling! LOVE the sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful card Connie. Pink pumpkins I would love to see them...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

~Lady B~ said...

Aww...this is just precious! Fabulous colouring! Thanks for playing along with Rick's Progressive Challenge :)

Lady B
RSD EDT