Thursday, January 11, 2024

Sharing Recipes

      For many months now, I've been collecting recipes by searching for clip art recipe cards.  A friend of mine asked me to share this one with her and, rather than just writing it down or sending an email, I decided to print the clip art, add my own colors to  it, and make it into a card which I mailed to her yesterday.

     I also discovered a fun new challenge that's all about food and kitchens and farmer's markets, and I think this will make a perfect entry!  The challenge is part of the FarmQuest family of challenges, run by Becca Sadler.  Rather than join the challenge as another of her DT gals, I told her I wanted to be a play and share cards I make using many of the clip art recipes I've been collecting.  Since I have more than 25 of them at the moment (and will undoubtedly collect more of them), I'll be able to play along for a couple of years.  :-D  Here's a link to that challenge:  FarmQuest Homestyle Kitchen.

     This first one is for a fabulous Artichoke Dip and I really love it.  It's marvelous with freshly baked (and still warm) artisan breads, or even as a drizzle for a plate of corn chips or tortilla chips.  I printed the clip art at 20% color saturation, then used my Sanjoki markers to add somewhat softer colors to most of the image.  I used pencils on the tomatoes because I wanted them to be a bit more vibrant. 

     I framed the image with white CS, then added that piece to a layer of dp which I had used for the background.   I cut the leaves with an old Cheery Lynn die and layered them onto the top of the image.  I'm sure my friend will love this way of getting the recipe.


      Challenges:

      Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie    

3 comments:

Becca S said...

Farm-tastic!! The recipe illustration reminds me of some cookbook division page illustrations and also kitchen wallpapers from the 1960-1970s eras!!! You're color enhancement is excellent! Thanks for being a participant for this blog! :) You're friend will feel blessed to get this in the mail! Terrific concept idea for friendship cards, too! Becca

Lori m said...

Gorgeous, recipe card, great idea, hugs, Lori m

Melanie Hungerford said...

That is a great idea for recipes, and goes perfect with the new challenge. Love how you customized the colors and added some fun details. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge!