Sunday, October 22, 2023

Swinging Halloween

      I fell in love with this image as soon as I saw it and knew it had to go on a card, even though it was designed originally (I think) as a coloring book page.  It was 1 of 3 mailed to me by a gal who wanted to know if I would color them for her.  She plans to use them as Halloween decor and they were coloring book size when she mailed them to me.  I asked her if I could scan this one and use it on a card and she said yes.  :-D  

     I scanned it, reduced the size, and deepened the level of gray scale before I printed it, making it look darker and spookier.  I used white gel pen to add highlights to the ghosties (they had darkened into the background and were nearly invisible), and purple water color on the background so that it looked more like Halloween.  In the photo, the purple seems to be pink but it really is purple!

     The sentiment was cut with an Avery Elle die.

     This card goes to my great-grandson so I left it completely plain, just a fun, CAS, masculine card.


     Challenges:
Outlawz SAR  ("moon-tints of purple & pearl")
  
     What do you think, cute without being too spooky?  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie     

11 comments:

donna mikasa said...

This is amazing!! A coloring book page? It is definitely fit to be framed!

Lori m said...

Adorable, hugs, Lori m

kareN stampZ said...

Wow the ghosties on the swings are the coolest ever, they look like they are having a great time. Love your background, its just perfect for Halloween. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA cards and we hope to see you in another Challenge soon.

KarenR

Ida said...

What a great card. It's cute (not too spooky ). You did a wonderful job with your editing of the coloring book page.

*Vicki* said...

Wow! Such a cool image NC! I love the purples mixed in with the scene! I'm sure the person will be pleased with this!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

So spooky cute!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie, a suitably spooky scene to celebrate Halloween, love the creepy purple water under the ghosts. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

sentsue said...

Defiantly spooky! Thank you so much for sharing your work on the AAA Cards Challenge.

Granmargaret said...

Great card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes and Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again.

SarahR said...

What a super cute Halloween card - those ghosts are perfect! Thanks for joining in with our October challenge at Crafty Calendar Challenge - Sarah, DT.

Tee said...

Love the spooky ghosts & background! Gorgeous Halloween card!