Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Set My Heart Awhirl

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !      

     I made another card with this image from Jan's Digi Stamps last month but the penguin with his top hat and his handful of roses is just so precious, he had to be seen again!  He's from a set called "Putting on the Ritz" and this time I took a shortcut and used the pre-colored image, which I reversed before printing.

     I love making card for my friends and family but cards about Love made for special people (the kind we celebrate on Valentine's Day) are my favorites, primarily because I make fewer of them so they are even more special.  :-D

     I cut the image with a Sizzix scalloped die and added a tiny Petaloo flower with a gemstone in the center.  The background dp is a scrap from an old Recollections 12x12 stack.  Aside from the busy design in the paper, it's a pretty CAS card and took less than 15 minutes to make.


     Challenges:
Outlawz Thursday (1st Column)

     Have a wonderful Valentine's Day and hug everyone you love!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Monica C. said...

Such a sweet card Connie! You picked the perfect background paper to set off that classy penguin.
Thank you for joining the Jan’s Digital Stamps challenge.
Monica C. DT Jan’s Digital Stamps

Jan Mahew said...

Lovingly Handsome card, Connie! Thank you for showcasing "Puttin' on the Ritz" on your special valentine and sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie! Thanks for featuring one of Jan's digi sets so sweetly in your Valentine card. How nice to see your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . Thanks for the inspiration, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Melanie Hungerford said...

How fun, I think that penguin is perfect for a Valentine's card, and that is a great background for him! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

*Vicki* said...

I believe I have this cutie! I think he's so adorable sweet especially for Valentine's Day!! I love the red theme and all of those hearts surrounding him!! Nicely done with Mr. love penguin!

Donna Walls said...

This little Penguin is certainly ready for his Valentine's Day! Great card, Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely projects soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Anne Fenton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Fenton said...

Your card is beautiful, I love it!!! Thank you for joining the Outlawz Colour challenge.

Lynne said...

Love your colour scheme and fab red hat for your cute penguin. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Adorable penguin and the background is a great setting for the image. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fun and wonderful, love the penguin with his top hat and hearts.
Sorry, I've been awol.
Faith x

Lisa said...

Super adorable penguin and great coloring.

My Crafting corner said...

Connie I love your cute little penguin. Thank you for playing in the Outlawz colour challenge...Ursula

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a great match of your patterned paper background with your pre-colored image, and it's so easy for a flip with digital files. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Marjeta said...

The stamp and background are gorgeous. They matches perfectly. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.

Helen said...

A great, fun design.

Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.

Helen x
DT