Saturday, September 10, 2022

Bluebonnets for a Texan

    I have three grandchildren who were born in Texas, to say nothing of several friends who live there.  I have always thought of the Texas state flower, the Bluebonnet - from the lupin family, as one of the most fascinating flowers.  I'm just now learning to color them and I have a long ways to go before I achieve perfection, but I used this image for a Texas birthday card.  :-D

     Colored with water colors, and cut with a QuicKutz die.  The sentiment was also cut with a small die from QuicKutz.  All the paper stripes were scraps bits from the basket.  I used my 'Linen' embossing folder on the navy blue and cranberry pieces before layering them onto an an aqua card front.  

     The patterned ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and I used sheer ribbon to sew one of my signature bows with a pearl.


     Challenges:
Butterfly (Wisteria & Wild Blue Yonder)
Penny's Paper-Crafty

     Have yourself a wonderful weekend and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous!!! You did great on coloring the bluebonnets too. I always have a hard time with them. Love your card Connie and the sentiment is just perfect. So pretty!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful image Connie! Love these colors and all of the different stripes you incorporated into your design!

valscraftings said...

Beautiful card and colours!
Thanks for joining in our challenge!
Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

Anne Fenton said...

OMGosh Margaret I love your card, it is lovely. Thanks for joining the Festive Friday challenge at the Outlawz challenges11

SarahR said...

Hello again, another lovely card - the image is so pretty and love your colour combinations. Thanks for joining in with us again at Colour Crazy Craft Challenges, Sarah - DT.