Monday, March 28, 2022

April Showers in the Garden

      This morning I awoke to cooler temperatures and am hoping that's a sign that spring is actually going to get here and stay a bit.  I know that sounds strange to say cooler temperatures must be a sign of spring but we had record high temperatures over the last three days (90, 91, & 89) and it felt like we had winter on one day, then jumped directly into summer with no spring at all !  The prediction is for a chance of rain today so I'm hopeful.  :-D  (Yeah, the rain has arrived and we really need it !!)

     As soon as I was fully awake, I decided on this adorable image to celebrate the cooler temps and the chance of rain.  It's a House Mouse image, of course, and I colored it with my ProMarkers.  I cut the image and the light blue frame with CUTplorations dies.  I used my Linen embossing folder on both the frame and the dark blue background CS.  The sentiment was cut with an Avery Elle die and matted twice.  Very CAS with lots of blue space instead of white.


     Challenges:
Your Next Stamp

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Lori m said...

Adorable, such a cute little mouse and pretty flowers to make me think spring, as I watch, the snow blizzard out my window lol. Hugs, Lori m

brenda said...

SO sweet, HM are always such fun, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'In the Garden' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love HM images, they are such fun and this is a beauty. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Dena J said...

HM images are always delightful, but this one is joyful!! Lovely card and perfect for the theme. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

*Vicki* said...

This is just as sweet as can be NC!! I adore that image and your different blue tone panels are perfect with this meece! I do wish you lots and lots of rain my friend along with the cooler temps! Seems weird to say as we are experiencing lower than normal temps of 30 some degrees and 2" of rain come Wednesday...hoping some of these winds over your way too! HUGS

Christine said...

Super adorable mousey card great colours & design thanks for sharing with us at HMFMC

Mousey hugs Christine xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good to hear you have had rain Connie, I hope it lasts a few days at least for you. Your card absolutely adorable,a fabulous images of that mouse and the, I will call them, violets.
Faith x

April said...

What a cute card! I love the dies and your wonderful coloring. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

Unknown said...


Great card! Thank You for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore challenge !

Heather said...

This is adorable!! All the blue is perfect to go along with the rainy spring theme! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Connie :-) the mousie image is adorable and I love the delicate linen embossed design, what a fabulous folder! The whole design of this is just gorgeous :-)

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute card and perfect spring garden scene! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

Sue said...

Wonderful card, colored up beautifully. We have had so much snow this winter season and it continues on and off..ugh! Looking forward to Spring, like your little mouse! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Bunny said...

I've never seen this image. It's so cute and so is your card. It looks like he's belting out "I'm singing in the rain". Love this. Thank you for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Misti said...

Super cute! I feel like that mouse celebrating spring! LOL Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.

KarinsArtScrap said...

such a beautiful card NanaConnie
Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Goodluck and hope we see you again.

Gr Karin DT Member

Mia said...

Beautiful card and funny stamp! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}