Friday, July 23, 2021

A Real Champion

      When my oldest son was a youngster, he got the nickname "Champ," mostly because of his absolute determination to conquer all odds.  :-D  When I saw this fabulous image from the progressive challenge at LeAnn's World this month, those memories came flooding back and I made this card.

     I used my ProMarkers to color the image, then cut it and the two rectangles of dp with a pinpoint die from Memory Box.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  I added tiny, shiny gold, gears and layered everything onto a Navy Blue card base.  

     By the way, those tiny gears were actually taken from an old watch which was inadvertently 'drowned' and couldn't be revived.  I always say, "Waste not, want not!"  I have a little plastic bag with other bits from that same watch and I know they are going to come in handy on other masculine cards which need a touch of bling or sparkle without becoming 'feminine.'


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

6 comments:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Fabulous card and image. I love those watch gears. hugs, Teresa

Megan J said...

Hi Connie, a grand masculine card, love the tiny cogs from the watch, love the layout of the card. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Monica C. said...

Sweet card going back in time. Love the gears from the watch on here for "masculine bling"! Great idea.
Hugs Monica

Stacey said...

Great man card. Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy Designs.
DT Stacey www.butterflycreations.blog

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week #30 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!