Saturday, January 4, 2020

Birthdays Creeping Up

     Since my own St. Paddy's Day birthday is creeping up on me, I used all the Irish greens on this card that I could manage, even though the card isn't for me.  lol  The image (from SheepSki Designs) just made me think about things that creep around the corner and catch you unaware.  This is my first month since leaving the team and I miss them all already.  :-D


I used the sketch from Crafting Vicky Sketch,
a new challenge that just started.


Colored w/ ProMarkers
Cut with Spellbinders Die, trimmed on 2 sides
dp used as wallpaper - old scrap from my stash
Burlap fabric - new to the stash, but replaces some I used up
Sentiments printed & hand cut
Metal brads added to 2 corners

     Challenges:
Creative Inspirations
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
Ike's World
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz Color
Papercraft
Scrappy Land
Tuesday Morning

     I'm back into my regular routine!  It feels so good to be able to sit and create or post whenever I choose.  :-D  I've even gotten a start on my commenting and visits to favorite blogs.  If I haven't visited yours yet, I will within the next day or two.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

I LOVE it :) So adorable. Thank you so much for participating in my new challenge!

Mia said...

Lovely card, Connie. What a great idea to use fabrics! Really inspiring. Kisses, my friend.

ike said...

Awesome - this is fabulous. I love the material background and all the toning greens. It must be lovely to have time to yourself to craft, browse and Blog hop to your heart's content :-D
Thank you for coming along to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, loving the greens and wonderful cute bear.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the bear and burlap. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Jacquie Klueh said...

So adorable. I love how the near turned out and the sketch is just perfect.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, NC! I was excited to see Crafting Vicky back to her blog too, and I'm hoping to join her challenge! You did a beautiful job with her sketch and your cute peeking bear! Thank you for joining our Annual Anything Goes Challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Happy 2020!

Alina Florea said...

Adorable card!
Thank you for entering your project to our Scrapy land Challenge! Hugs, Alina DT

Debbie said...

What a great card! I love the texture added by the burlap!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Anne Buckingham said...

Lovely card. I like the shades of green and the bear peeking out from behind.

*Vicki* said...

Such a cool design Connie! I love that burlap fabric and the little cutie peeking around the corner!! :) ADORABLE!!

Monica C. said...

Such a sweet image indeed and I love the textures you have added to this card!
Hugs Monica

Donna F said...

Love the card.

Ellibelle said...

What a fabulous design and so very cute!!
Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about new goodies or old favorites! Hope you join in again soon!
Ellibelle's Corner

Silke said...

This little bear is so cute the way he is peeking around the corner. Lovely card. Many thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.
Silke

CraftyNatalie said...

Great creation. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations.