Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Taking a Bow

     I adore this sweet image (Mo Manning) and this is the first time I've used it as a Thank You card.  I needed one on the spur of the moment and this image was lying on the desk, waiting to be colored.


My colors came from My Favorite Things.


     This time, I 'water' colored with a brush and some of my refill alcohol inks.  I added sparkle gel ink to her tutu and the gems in her hair.  I know it doesn't show up well in the photo but that was the best I could do.  I really did try to get the sparkle to show.  :-D

     I used a Fiskars corner punch on both the image and the piece behind it.  I mounted everything onto a pink card base.  The sheer ribbon was in my scrap stash and I used up what I had left.  Rather than tying a bow since I had such a small piece left after wrapping it around the card front, I simple folded it into a bow shape and added a sparkly flower to the center.  I used ribbon glue to add it to the corner of the image.

     Challenges:
CARDZ TV
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Catz
Crafty Creations
Creative Fingers
Cute Card Thurs.
DL.ART Thankful Thurs.
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Southern Girls #2 (ink/stamp/white)
 
     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful image for a thank you card with a smile, Love it.
Faith
x.

jimlynn said...

Adorable and colored so pretty. I can see the shine. Love that ribbon treatment too!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

This is so cute! I love the sweet little girl and a lovely thank you card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Ahhh!! I love her sweet little bow! Great job coloring this fun thank you card!

carol said...

adorable sweet image, lovely card thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ this week,x carol

Tracie said...

What a sweet card. I love the image. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

DIANA L. said...

Beautifully colored I love your cute little ballerina.
Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge # 232“Anniversary” or Thank you” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh she is so precious! I adore those Mo Manning images too! I lost several of them I once had on my computer too! I just love the way you've made your background here and excellent coloring too my friend! HUGS

katieo said...

Beautiful Thank you card. I love the shimmering leotard and the bling in the hair. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge