Friday, April 28, 2017

The Big Wheel Sheriff

     That post title should have piqued your curiosity!  :-D  It's Friday and we have another new challenge starting at QKR Stampede.  As always, our theme is "Anything Goes" but we have an optional twist each time which you can use if you choose.  This week the optional twist is "Wheels."  I know, I know, my mind jumped right to cars, trains, wagons, etc., too, but this little guy caught my eye and I just had to use him!  This is a QKR image called "Little Cowboy."


     I just love that his stick pony has a wheel on it (just in case you missed it.)  I was thinking about my friend, Lynn, from Texas when I was putting this card together and, since her favorite color is blue, that became the focus of this color combo.  I colored with my ProMarkers, then die cut the image with a Sue Wilson die.

     I used the same die to cut the dp (from Stampin' Up) and inlaid the image into it.  I did the sentiment in white on a blue background just to emphasize why our little sheriff is wearing all white. :-D  Everything went onto a black card front.  Finally, I added the twine and the cowboy charm and called it finished.  I think it's going to make a great masculine birthday card for some young boy.

     Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments
Everybody Art
House that Stamps Built
Inspiration Destination
Lemon Shortbread
Passion for ProMarkers
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Simon Says Stamp
Through the Craft Room Door

     Hey, everyone, the weekend starts in just a few hours now!  I hope you have time scheduled for lots of creativity and relaxation.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous as always and just love your sense of humour! Brilliant image and the sentiment cracked me up! LOL! Have a fabulous weekend my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

I thought maybe you were thinking about me because I was riding my stick horse through the living room this morning! LOL! Actually, I was riding the broom - well, at least sweeping a little anyway!
I LOVE your card - blue and all! The image is just too cute for words!!! He's adorable and so is your card Connie!
Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

Yeehaw! LOL totally cracks me up, Connie! That image could not be crazier! Love your coloring and the brilliant background! Hugs, de

Crafting With Jack said...

I love the rodeo rider at the top, a great embellishment to add to this cute card.

Karen said...

Your image is adorable and beautifully colored. Great charm too.Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door

Teresa Arsenault said...

I love your out-of-the-box thinking. This guy is adorable and I love your sentiment too. hugs, Teresa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I had a chuckle out loud with this image, love the blue you used and the centre die shape to show him off. A super charm too.
Faith
x

Crafty KJ said...

Such a fun card and that image is brilliant! Your colouring is fab and I love the die cut shape you've used. Great sentiment and that charm is absolutely perfect -- love it! Thanks for joining in with this week's challenge at Passion for Promarkers and good luck! Hugs, Karen xx

Linda Mc Enery said...

I absolutely love this card! What a great spin on your theme of wheels! Great colouring, adorable image and fantastic charm! Just lovely! Thanks for joining us at Passion or Promarkers. Linda

Seija said...

Great card and sooo funny Image. Love the way, how you set the Image in Szene! Thanks for joining us at EAC. Michi

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

fabulous make, love the added details

Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination, hope to see you join in with us again real soon.
Hugs Shell xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Connie, love the charm you added. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

laurigami said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
Laurigami

The Crafty Den said...

Super cute card Connie. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Your cowboy charm looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week for Kitty's 'add a charm' challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Maria Valente said...

Super adorable and great design! Thank you playing at Penny's Challenges.
Mary xx

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous card. Great colouring. I love it. I am so glad you joined in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Thank You so much. Gayatri xx

Dotstolines said...

Great colouring and a fantastic card:)! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge and good luck.

Regards,
Sunila & Aditi
TTCRD DT
Dots to Lines (https://dotstolinesblog.wordpress.com/)

Sarah Bell said...

A sweet card, love the design – thanks for joining in the Lemon Shortbread Blog Challenge, Sarah DT – http://magentasnowflake.blogspot.co.uk