Saturday, September 21, 2013

Which Witch Has the Spider?

     When I saw this witch over at Beccy's Place, I knew I had to get her colored up and ready for Halloween.   I love fun Halloween cards and even though I really hate spiders, this one was almost cute.



I used the sketch from A Die for a Sketch.


     The image is colored with ProMarkers and I added a bit of glitter gel ink to the spider's web and to her wand.   I used a hexagon die to cut both the image and the mat.  The paper has been in my fall stash for waaay too many years and is by DCWV but was probably discontinued long ago.  I thought it made a great background for this fun witch.

     The purple ribbon is the last bit I had from some which was recycled from a potted plant and the bow is one of those I make myself.  I added the Dew Drops (purple) and Rain Drops (orange) for embellishment and knew it was finished without anything more.  This is truly one of those "less is more" cards.

     Challenges:
A&T Emerald Faeries -- Magical Creatures
By LORi Designs -- Hexagons/chevrons
C is for Challenges -- Make it sparkle
Craft Your Passion -- Fall colors
Creative Craft -- Use ribbon
Designed to Color -- Anything goes
I {heart} ProMarkers -- Anything goes
Just Inspirational -- Die cuts/punches
Ladybug Crafts -- Anything goes
Lexi's Creations -- Autumn colors
My Craft Creations -- Stamped or digi image
My Craft Spot -- Fav technique (die cuts & coloring)
Oozak -- Fall
Pink Elephant Monday -- Digi image or paper

     OK, back to the "packing" mines for me, my friends.  As the moving gets closer, I feel the pressure of running out of time.  I may be somewhat scarce in my posting for the next couple of weeks, limiting my play to DT work only.  Isn't it terrible when life gets in the way of fun?  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

Peanut said...

Oooh! I love this card. Just the right amount of fun and mystery. Delish colours too. Good luck with the move.. an exciting new future awaits! So happy for you, NC.
hugs, Asha

Nancy said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at A Die for a Sketch! :o)

Jenée said...

Super, super card. Your coloring of the witch is superb; I especially like the "gold" spider web (smile). Great card!

Donna Ellis said...

How beautiful the colors and design elements are in your card, Connie! Love Beccy's image, and all the other glittery witches in the background. I don't like spiders, either - something about them - but this one is great! Love the spider web hugs, de

Benzi said...

Super witch image and you made a great card with it. I love that sparkly spider web. I don't like spiders either...I think it is the creepy, crawly legs that spook me.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous image and gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

jimlynn said...

Terrific card for Halloween! Love the sparkle of that spider web. CUTE image and a wonderful card.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

This is such a fun creation NC!! I love the coloring you gave the image and I love Halloween with all of the spooky decorations! :) HUGS

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am not so fond of spiders either- but am with you- this image is too cute! Love the sparkle you added and the coloring.

Glenda Atkins said...

Delightful,wonderful Halloween card! Love the witch, the sparkly spider web, the purple and orange colour combo and your wee little purple bow!
hugs
Glenda

GiGi said...

Spooky cool Halloween card! The image is wonderful and I love the addition of the gems! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Samantha Casey said...

Very nice card! Great coloring too! Thanks for joining us at the Oozak challenge!

-Samantha

Houses Built of Cards said...

Cute! LOVE the glitter! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is nice, I love the witch image and gorgeous colors and everything about your card. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

Marilyn said...

Great card! Love the glittery web and witch bits all over!
Thank you for joining us at A Die For A Sketch and I hope you will be back next time as well.
Marilyn

Jo said...

Oh, she's fab......she looks so laid back! Great colours & love the hexagon shape too....perfect papers & the spider's web looks amazing! Hope you're well & managing the packing!
hugs Jo x

Jo said...

Only me again......forgot to say ....Thanks so much for joining us at Lexis Creations this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x

Unknown said...

Love this colorful halloween card and the image you've used. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card!!! Love image, colours combo and dies. Thank you for joining us at A Die For A Sketch. Hugs Agnieszka

Beccy said...

Well done on your card NanaConnie, I love the way you've coloured the witch!
Cheers,
Beccy

Crafting Vicky said...

wow I was really really behind in my commenting! Love how you have colored this image. I really hate spiders... but for Halloween they are fun.