Sunday, April 14, 2013

New DT Member at 613 Avenue Create

     I'm so excited that I get to announce a new DT position I have with 613 Avenue Create.  What a wonderful group of ladies over there.  Some of them I already know and share other teams with them, and others are new to me but they are all so full of inspiration and encouragement.  Thanks for inviting me, Kathi and Chana!

     A new challenge goes up every Sunday morning and this week we have a sketch for you.  I love this sketch and stayed pretty close to it, though I have learned that sometimes interpreting sketches not quite so literally is also OK.  ;-D  Our sponsor is the wonderful Bugaboo Stamps, a company I simply adore, and they generously supplied images for the DT to use.  I happened to use one I already had in my collection (I have tons of Bugaboos!), called "Ava Swing."  I don't know who's more adorable, Ava or her kitten.


Here's the sketch, drawn by Kathi.

  

     I took my colors from Ooh La La where the challenge is to use 'Orange and Green.'  This time my image is colored completely with Promarkers, then die cut with a die from Spellbinders.  The lacy mat is also made with a die from Spellbinders.  Can you believe that all the papers and card stock on this card were cut from stuff in my scrap pile?  I'm on a mission to get scraps used up and to actually throw out the pieces which truly are too small for any effective purpose.  I've managed to get myself into that "only-4-square-inches-of-working-space" on my desktop again so I need a remedy.  lol

     Challenges:
Artistic Inspirations -- Anything goes
Creative Creations -- Spring
Cupcake Craft -- Cats or dogs
Forever Friends Biweekly -- Die cuts &/or punches
Marker POP -- Anything goes
Mema's Crafts Monday -- Anything goes
Pink Elephant -- Spring colors
Sarah Hurley -- Projects with Character
Stamp and Create -- At least 1 die cut

     So, if you've never played at 613 Avenue Create, why not come join in.  If you have played there before, you'll love this week's challenge.  It's a fun and fanciful sketch and you can be as literal or as interpretive as you like, as long as we can see the basic sketch in there somewhere.  :-D  Hope to see you over there.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

27 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful card, love your image and colours.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Congratulations Connie, well deserved. Yet another stunning creation and love the gorgeous image.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Carol C said...

Gorgeous card, the image is adorable and I love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley this time, Carol x

Michelle said...

Lovely card - congrats on the DT position.

besitos said...

Gorgeous card! love the cute image and the layout is beautiful :) xx Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week -Paula DT

Crafting Vicky said...

Wonderful creation! And totally with you for the using up the scrap pile... My box of the solid colors can't close anymore... and huge pile on top!!! I need to do smaller cards to use it up lol So glad to see you on the team!!!

jimlynn said...

Love your card and love that sketch too!! Am going to try and play along this week! Love that little Bugaboo image and it's framed out so pretty!

Congrats on the new DT - know you're going to have so much fun and they're getting one of the best!

Lynn

My Creative Therapy said...

Hi,

I love your card using my sketch! What a sweet image by Bugaboo. Great colors too!

Hugs,
Kathi

kReN said...

NC, love this card. The frame and the design elements work so well together. What a darling image.

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

Really adorable, both Ava, her kitten AND the card :)
Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La. Good luck, and hugs, from Lisbeth

Donna Ellis said...

Congratulations, Connie! I saw your card at 613 and marvel at how many cards you are able to create - this one is adorable, just sweet and soooo sweeeeeeeeeet - like you :-) hugs, de

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Congrats and welcome to the team. Here we are again together on another DT. Your creation is delightful, great take on the sketch.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

So sweet and Congratulations...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Your card is Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at creative creations challenges
Hugs
Shelly

Sherry Hickey said...

Congrats on your DT appointment, Connie! Your card is SO pretty!!

Benzi said...


Connie, a huge congrats on your new DT position. Your card is adorable...so is the image. Have fun with this new group.

Davi said...

Congrats on your new DT position, you will be a great asset! Love the fun card and image, Great way to use up the scraps :)

Sassy Raggedy said...

Adorable card. You are one busy lady. Congrats on the new DT Post. joann sassy raggedy

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Congrats on the DT. The sketch is awesome and you really did a wonderful job with the interpretation. I'm too literal too. Bugaboo was my first gig as a DT. I still love those characters and gosh...I don't remember this one. Sooo sweet!

Cheryl First said...

Congrats on the dt! Cute sketch, and you did a super job with the image!

Dawn said...

Sweet card! Great use of the sketch! So satifying using up all those scraps isn't it!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congrats to you my friend!! So well deserved and your creation is just as sweet as can be!! :) HUGS

Sheila H said...

Super cute! The image reminds me of my grandniece and her beloved cat :)

Claire said...

This is gorgeous, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this month.
C xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Congrats Connie on the new DT spot.Loving the card and your take on the sketch, Cute image!
hugs
Glenda

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Beautiful card but more importantly congrats on your coup over at 613! They are lucky to have a lady with your talent on their team.

Hugs,
Lisa

Wattage said...

How cute! Great sketch idea - thanks for joining the challenge at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x