Monday, January 28, 2013

Roses in a Milk Bottle

     I was so lucky last week, winning some digi images from Pattie's Creations!  Pattie has a challenge going on, too, and she wants us to either alter or recycle something.  Well, of course, I had to get one of the digis I won colored up right away and turned into a birthday card.  (I keep trying to get my stock of birthday cards above one or two but I seem to be sending them out as fast as I get them made.   This is another of those which will be going to a sweet gal with a February birthday. :-D )

     I want  you to look carefully because I took apart three cards I had done a few months back but they just didn't please me.  Rather than throw them away whole, I saved as much as I could from them, then tossed them.  The butterflies and the bow are recycled onto this card.  I had to add pearls to cover up a tiny tear at the head of one of the butterflies.  I also had to make them into 2 layers to cover other tiny blemishes (there had originally been 4 butterflies.)


My sketch is from Seize the Birthday.  In addition to the sketch, 
it has to be a feminine birthday card. 


     Don't you just love those roses in a simple milk bottle?  I thought they were so gorgeous and could be used for so many things, even a Valentine card.  Maybe next time.   I took my color cue from DL.ART Thankful Thursday -- red or pink.  I colored the image with Promarkers (Passion for Promarkers -- fav color combo) and, since I just love pink and red together, I used both colors.    The die set is from Spellbinders and the butterflies were cut with a Cheery Lynn die.  Everything else is from my stash of CS.

     Challenges:
Can You Digi It?  -- Getting girly
Digistamps 4 Joy -- Anything goes
Forever Friends -- Birthdays
Inky Chicks -- Bingo: Sentiment, Image, Bow
Moving Along with the Times -- Bling it on
My Time to Craft -- Things with Wings
Oozak -- Anything goes with pink and bling
Outlawz Copics/Promarkers -- Anything goes
Paper Crafting Journey -- For a girl
Sparkles Forum -- Die cuts and flowers
Top Tip Tuesday -- Lavishly luscious layers

     Well, it's a great Monday morning here on the West Coast.  Temps are supposed to warm a bit so that there will be no need to bundle up so completely that one cannot see past the end of one's nose.  lol  It's a work day for me so I'll be indoors anyway and need only brave the weather to go out to check and post the mail.  Have a good day, whatever your weather.  Happy stamping.  NanaConnie 

35 comments:

Desire Fourie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desire Fourie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous, so love the pinks and sparkly touches.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card, great image and wonderful colours.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous way to recycle Connie, done this myself a few times. Love the roses in the milk bottle. Congratulations on your Top 3 and for letting me know.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Benzi said...

I love the milk bottle with roses...so pretty. I made a card over the weekend that will have to be recycled already. Ha Just didn't like it one bit.

Stay warm and cozy. We just have rain and clouds..just about all we've had this winter. Where is the sun?

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Great colours and like the image also. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends this month. Traceyxx

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous card! Love the red and pinks together too and love the shimmer of the milk bottle. Very clever to recycle parts of old cards you didn't like.

Pat said...

Lovely card with a beautiful image, thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

cotnob said...

This is lovely, gorgeous roses and pretty butterfly embellishments.
Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends this month.
Pauline
x

Cheryl First said...

Beautiful, Connie! Those butterflies are gorgeous, and that image is very versatile! I love what you've done with your glitter for the water, too!
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions

KarinsArtScrap said...

Very beautiful card.
Thanks for join us at Digistamps4Joy.

Greetings karin DT member

jimlynn said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the "recycling" and all that pink. That bottle just shines too! Lovely card! Glad you're playing in Seize the Birthday too.
LYnn

alex said...

What an adorable card Connie, love how you have made the bottle sparkle, thank you for joining us at Digistamps4Joy

Alex (DT)

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely and a great way to recycle too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

coops said...

so gorgeous.i love your pretty image and your colours are really stunning.
thanks for joining in my challenge this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Connie, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I love the die you used as well. The stamp is really awesome and can be used for so many occasions. I'm in Southern California, and our weather isn't much better today. Kind of cold for San Diego.

Bernardine Cuttino said...

NC, you are the queen of recycle. I sometimes do that too. You have it to perfection. Beautiful and wonderfully designed. Love how the water in the bottle is so real.
Hugs

Donna Ellis said...

And recycling, you have created a masterpiece! Such pretty colors. I like your interpretation of the sketch, and the wonderful bling on your card! xo

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card great design
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #102 red or pink challenge
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful job of recycling Connie, a great job of using material from older cards! I love the roses in the bottle and the colouring and shadowing on the bottle is terrific!
hugs
Glenda

Desire Fourie said...

Back again (you won't believe) with my DT hat on:
Such a great creation. Love everything about it. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Dawn said...

Sweet image & a real girly birthday card!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous! what a beautiful image and I love the touch of sparkle on the milk bottle - it looks so real ! the layout is fab and the embellishments are so delicate and pretty… it's a fab card!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Peanut said...

That jar looks so real! Love all the sparkle. I really ought to save my out-takes instead of blasting them to smithereens! Lesson learnt...hopefully I'll remember it!
xxx Asha

Pattie G said...

Nana Connie,
What a great project for our challenge at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge! I love how you colored my image, the water looks so real...
Thanks for joining us and good luck…

Pattie
Artist
at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!

Pami said...

Beautiful card, what a pretty image! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

Stacey Schafer said...

love the sparkle! thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

Natalie Laurijssen said...

This card is gorgeous! I love what you did with the water!
X - Natalie - X

Ang C said...

A beautiful creation

Thankyou for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges - hope to see you again soon and good luck in the draw

Ang x

Annette said...

Gorgeous card. Love the sparkle.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx


Leslie said...

Thanks so much for playing with us in the Paper Crafting Journey "For A Girl" Challenge with this awesome entry!
Hugs,
Leslie, DT
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Sandra DeFalco said...

Awesome creation! Thanks for playing in our 'Altered OR Recycled' Challenge #60!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Sandra DeFalco said...

Surprise, surprise! Congrats on your win of 2 images (excluding sets) in Challenge #60 from Pattie's Creations! Make sure you stop in the challenge blog to email Pattie with your image choices within 7 DAYS. Her email info is on the sidebar (or menu tab) under the Winners' Corner.
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!