Thursday, November 1, 2012

Winter Fawns

     New releases at Doodle Pantry today and I chose to use the two fawn images from the "Small Deer" set shown right below my card.


  While I didn't happen to use any of the fabulous papers or sentiments, they are included with the set and it also has the outline images, which I did use.  I printed and colored my two fawns (somewhat darker than those in the set but I tried to get the same shading) and then fussy cut them and adhered them to a parchment paper background, overlapping them just slightly.  I added the coloring for the sky and the snow, and used white gel ink for the snowflakes in the sky.

     My papers and the mat for the image (all corner punched) came from Basic Grey and have been in my stash for at least last year, maybe longer, so don't ask me which stack.   The two larger snowflakes are punched from foam and then glitter is added. The smallest snowflake is punched from acetate (I punched 3 of them and glued them together then added a gemstone brad) and I drew with silver gel ink on the top one.

     The sentiment is also from my stash, something I did last year and didn't use.  It was heat embossed in red on special embossing acetate (which doesn't wrinkle up under heat), then outlined with gold paint pen.  I fussy cut it and adhered it with clear, super sticky, double-sided tape.   Pretty CAS design, considering what I often do with Christmas cards.  :-D

     Challenges:
52 Card Throwdown -- Punched or die cut embellishments
Basic Grey -- Anything goes
Crafty Ann's -- Christmas
Crafty Catz -- Male card
Divas by Design -- Festive (Christmas)
Hotshot Crafts -- Bling it on
Outlawz Copics -- Anything goes
Southern Girls -- Animal Crackers
Stampin' for the Weekend -- Anything goes
Winter Wonderland -- 3 different punches (corners and snowflakes)

     There are many more fantastic releases today over at the Doodle Pantry website so be sure to check them out.  I'll be using a few of them in the upcoming month, and I hope you'll find some inspiration from those posts.

This is the set you'll get free just for entering the challenge this month.  

 And this is the set you can get free with any purchase between now and November 24.

Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

31 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

Totally adorable card. Love the beautiful image and the color combination that you have gone with.

Anne Temple said...

These guys are so cute! Love your coloring and all the blues.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous card! Your coloring is amazing!! Beautiful work.

PaperDaisies said...

Love the colour combo you have used. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

Mummylade said...

absolutely gorgeous. And thank you so much for playing along with us at Stampin for the Weekend, good luck in the challenge.

Elizabeth Hart said...

This card turned out so fabulous in the blue and really highlights those adorable deer!

jimlynn said...

So lovely! Love the color you used for this and the snowflakes! Cute, cute deer!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous fawns and another fantastic card. Loving the colours you have used.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Christmas card. I love the cute reindeer.
Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at Winter Wonderland.
Lorraine x

Cumbrianlass said...

Ah, this is gorgeous NC, they make a beautiful card.

thanks you so much for the wonderful comments that you left on my blog.
Janet

Donna Ellis said...

what great digi sets! I was not familiar with this company, so had to go check them out. Such pretty images and options! Thank you for showcasing them, and creating such a pretty card, Connie!

Mynn xx said...

Such a darling card! LOVE that image--so sweet! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

May said...

Gorgeous card, love those fawns.. great design & detail.. fabulous papers & colours... Hugs May x x x

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Nc, too precious for works, Love the image, coloring, fabulous DP. Just simply beautiful and adorable. Hugs

Amanda R said...

Wow Connie, your coloring on these deer is stupendous! I just sat and stared for a bit, nicely done!

Sharon Basel said...

Wow Connie your coloring of these precious deer is spectacular! Love the blue - makes the deer really stand out. The snowflakes are terrific touch too.

Linda Anderson said...

How gorgeous NanaConnie!! Your coloring is outstanding! Love the beautiful blues of the papers. Super sweet.

Linda

iReneM said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Connie.
Such cute baby reindeer and lovely colours :)
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
x

Glenda Atkins said...

This is so wonderful Connie! Love the colouring and your fabulous design! Love all the sparkle too! Super card!
hugs
Glenda

Donna said...

What a fun card! NanaConnie. This set is one that peeked my interest so I will definitely be using it some time this month. I love the blues and your coloring is wonderful!

Louise van Vuren said...

Thanks for joining us at 52 CCT this week - those little reindeer are so cute!

Louise xx

Dawn Frost said...

I love the card NanaConnie! The colours, snowflakes and that sentiment is awesome!

Glittered Paws said...

This set is going to make such cute cards for my chemo kids - what a beautiful card.

Marsha said...

So cute. Love the sky your made.

Unknown said...

Your card is adorable! I love the sky behind the deer and your blue is just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your card is adorable! I love the sky behind the deer and your blue is just beautiful!

Lorianna said...

Gorgeous and very creative.
Your colors are georgous
Love everything about it.
Hugs
Lorianna

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! Your coloring is so amazing that I thought you had used the precolored image!! I love the DP, too!!

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne

Lou said...

Hi gorgeous card,such a lovely image and the sky/snow looks really effective.Pretty snowflakes too,thank you for joining us this week at BasicGrey Challenge.
hugs Lou and the DT.xxx

Ann Whitfield said...

Beautiful card Connie, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x