Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Back to blogging!!

     I feel like I've been gone forever!  I had a great trip and wonderful reunion with family but it seems like every one of the grandkids had a cold and they joined forces to send it home with me.  I've been really under the weather since I got home so haven't been up to posting anything until today. I haven't even been able to go to work.  So, my card today kind of sums up exactly where I am.  :-D


I'm barely squeaking in under the wire on the sketch challenge, which came from my favorite Thursday sketch place, Eat, Sleep, Stamp.  I was afraid I'd miss playing over there this week but just had to do something for it.  I turned it on its side so that it better fit the shape of my digi stamp and sentiment.

Sketch 167_edited-1

     The image is one of the new releases from Doodle Pantry and their challenge is always an Anything Goes if you use a Doodle Pantry image.  I chose colors from the inspiration collage at Creations by Gill M.

     Everything on my card was done using up scraps from my odds & ends box, including the card base.  I think it's pretty self-explanatory but will tell you that the brown flourishes are just the embossed part of the green dp.  I'm still too miserable to write out all the other recipe ingredients.  How about if I just list the challenges I want to play?

     Other Challenges:
ATCs & Cards with Attitude -- Anything goes
Do You Stack Up? -- Friendly Critters
Fairy Tale -- Everything goes
Outlawz Paper Ala Mode -- Inspirational Quote
Raise the Bar -- Cutesy Spring (or Easter)

     I think I'm going to go take a nap and see if I have more energy when I wake up.  It is good to be back blogging again, even if I'm not feeling completely up to par yet.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

20 comments:

Benzi said...

Oh, Connie, I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. I see why you made this card and, by the way, it is the cutest thing.

Snuggle up in a blankie and take care of yourself.

Catherine said...

Such a cute card, hope you feel better soon....

Margaret said...

So sorry you have not been well. This is such a cute card and I love the sentiment. Your image is so adorable. Hope you are better soon.

jimlynn said...

Glad you're back Connie - with this adorable card! Love that image and sentiment - now, we just need to get you moving quicker than this little guy! Hope you feel better soon!! It must just be something in the air - I'm FINALLY starting to feel almo9st normal again.
Glad you had a good time and got to see everyone.
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Connie, Those kids will do it every time. They just love to pass off their colds to us grandmothers. LOL. Great card and I love the sentiment. I hope when you get up from your nap you feel a big bunch better.

Jeanne J. said...

Your body knows best - get all the rest you need! I love the sentiment on your card - it's great advice! Your coloring is beautiful - I love the shading on our litte worm and the grass. Feel better soon!

Tracy said...

Oh sweetie! Glad your back home and hopefully on the mend. Those darn kids!! LOL! I couldn't agree with you more about your card being perfect. Tie that knot and HANG ON! Great image and sentiment!!! Your mojo hasn't been affected by your cold one bit. =)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love the cute image! So sorry you are under the weather after a nice family visit! I woke up today with a sore throat and no voice....! Must be something going around!

Julie said...

Worms freak me out, but your card is still adorable. Thanks for playing along at Raise the Bar this week.

Linda Anderson said...

So sorry to hear you've been sick. You've created one adorable card though. I love this wormie!! Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge.

Linda

Dawn said...

Aww feel better soon NanaConnie! Glad you had a good trip but a shame it ended in you feeling under the weather! I love that sentiment & your card is just fab!
Long arm Hugs
Dawn xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Welcome back to blog land, missed you. Sorry to hear you were not feeling too well, your sentiment says it all:O) Love the card!
glenda
xx

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Really cute card Connie - glad you had a good trip but sorry to hear the small ones "bugged" you! Take care and hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Helen x

AllisonG said...

Hope you are feeling much better soon! I love that you made your card with all scraps - those are the best ones sometimes. Thanks for playing along at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge this month. It's great to see you again!

Dawn Frost said...

I hope you feel better soon and am glad you got to play a little! I really like the paper you printed the worm on, very nice! Thanks for joining us for DPDC#22.

Lorianna said...

Super Cute Card!!
Thanks for playing along at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge this month.
Hope to see you back next month
Hugs
Lorianna DPDT

Donna Ellis said...

While I'm happy you enjoyed time with family, I don't like that you brought home some germies! This little guy kinda depicts that, doesn't he? The card is super cute, with the nicest coloring, Connie. Sometimes I tie myself up in knots without even realizing it, and then I wonder what happened LOL So glad you are back. I missed you very much (((( hugs ))))

Donna said...

Very cute card! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry challenge. Hope to see you back next month!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I can't explain how I missed this wonderful, sweet card of yours....perhaps it was while I was on vacation. I'm just glad I was revisiting some of my favorite blogs and came upon your card. Darling card Connie!

Gill McCall said...

This is fabby, thank you for taking part in my challenge this month at CBGM