Saturday, February 18, 2017

Always Stretch Before Any Exercise!

     Today's card fits into the category of "Everything I need to Know, I Learned from My Cat."  I have a friend who loves to jog and run and do all forms of bizarre exercise, and she's forever encouraging me to stop crafting and run.  What is she - nuts?

     My feline fur babies have taught me that before undertaking anything strenuous (like wandering over to the food dish), one should take a long and leisurely stretch, and maybe even sit down for a few minutes afterward to consider whether or not the trip to the food dish is really necessary right this instant.  :-D


     The image came from the progressive challenge on the Facebook page at Dragon's Lair. While the silhouettes didn't require any real coloring, I did add white to the eyes and a bit of glitter to make them sparkle.  I decided on a Red and Black combo because it's one of my favorite to make things very striking.  The sentiment was printed with a computer font, hand cut and mounted onto dimensional dots.

     The ribbon was left over from my Christmas stash and I tied the bowtie bow with satin ribbon.  The image is cut with a square die (Spellbinders), the edges distressed, and I layered that onto mulberry paper.  It's very CAS but my friend will appreciate the simplicity since she's definitely not into fussy and frilly.

     Challenges:
Angie's Digital Stamps
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Sentiments
Di's Digi Designs
Get Creative
Jo's Scrap Shack
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Scrapper's Delights
Stamping Sensations

     Well, the rain has stopped momentarily and we even have some sunshine peeking through but the skies are still gray, not blue, so I'm staying inside.  There'll be no nonsense about running, jogging, or even stretching today!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

20 comments:

  1. I had to laugh out loud at the sentiment because I've been hearing it twice a week for a month now when I first start my physical therapy sessions. LOL! Love the cats on here and they look just like a cat when it stretches too! Fantastic card!
    So glad you're ok after all that rain. Maybe sunshine is on the way now.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie this is a gorgeous card. I love those cats. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Love the sentiment and of course the pussy cats! I hope you are having a good weekend so far.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a feline lover, I so related to your post!! This is the perfect card for your friend....I'm sure she will love it! I really like the mulberry paper you used. It's always a pleasure seeing your cards at PIP Challenges, and I'm so glad you shared this one with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, awwwwesome! Such a cute card and you're right, red and black are so striking together! Nicely done! Thanks for joining with us at PIP Challenges!
    Hugs!
    http://pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL... have to laugh here because of that sentiment! LOVE IT! Great card, love the mulberry in the background! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Jo's Scrap Shack!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo'sScrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehehehehe! I love reading about your furbabies!! Watching them stretch and contort is one of my favorite things. I was outside (it's a balmy 55 degrees outside right now and it's almost 8pm) and I got to see 3 more neighborhood cats, stretching and prancing on the wooden privacy fence. None would come to me, not yet anyway. . . Your card is beautifully CAS and yet so striking - the color combination is so eye catching :) Hugs! Christi

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card - thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very adorable card. I love your simple design. Thanks for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge this week.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Angie's Digital Stamps.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh I love those cats, what a fab card.The sentiment is perfect!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mulberry paper adds such great texture! Love the color combo.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our Favorite Combo challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fun animal creation and loving those cats, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card with great sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck!
    Hugs, Wendy / GDT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cats and the great sentiment

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  16. How true, love the black with the red, a fabby card.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww love this!! What a fab sentiment for that image! Gorgeous bold effective card too! Thanks so much for sharing at Dis Digis!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun card. Love the quote! Thanks for sharing at Get Creative and hope to see you again. Good luck.

    - Khushboo Gandhi, DT

    My blog: http://snowflakesandlilies.blogspot.in

    Inspiration Destination, DT
    Craft Your Passion, DT
    Crafting With An Attitude, DT
    Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges, DT
    Simply Create Too, DT
    Get Creative, DT
    Angie’s Digital Stamps, DT
    A Bit More Time To Craft, DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi and welcome to are Challenge this month.Thank you for sharing your project with us good luck with your entry hope to see you again soon hugs Sue DT xx

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/376140345820051/

    http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.