Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Undersea Wonderland

     At Tuesday Throwdown this week, we have a sketch as our theme.  It's both simple and versatile. We're sponsored by My Grafico and they were generous in supplying images to the DT.  All of them have to do with some kind of underwater theme and they are just as cute as they can be.  They all came from the same HUGE set called "Pretty Mermaid."

Here's the sketch       and then my card.


        I combined the images, then printed them twice and used my Zig chalk markers to color them.  I colored the background of one printed sheet, then die cut it with a die from QuicKutz.   I also cut a mat with another die from that same set, but larger.  I colored the seahorse and fish from the second sheet and hand cut them to pop up on Pop-Dots.  

     I also printed and colored one of the seaweed pieces (in a larger size) and used that for the narrow, vertical panel in the sketch.  Everything was adhered to a textured card blank.  The bow is made from a bit of lace and a piece of satin ribbon for the mid-wrap.  I 'dyed' the lace and ribbon with one of my ProMarkers to accentuate the colors in the seaweed.

     The tiny sentiment is a rubber stamp and I used turquoise ink.  While this isn't as CAS as some I've done recently, it still has lots of open space and isn't too cluttered.

     Challenges:

     I hope you're having as wonderful a time as I am this week.  :-D  See you when I get back.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

26 comments:

Asha said...

Adorable! Even seas critter stop to have a chat! :)
xxx Asha

Faith A said...

Love how you have coloured these sea creatures, a Super card

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous card! I love the design of your card and you've coloured the sea creatures perfectly!

Love From Rebecca xx

Donna Hanley said...

This is an adorable card, Connie. Love that textured card stock and your coloring of these cute creatures. Enjoy your day.

Lena Hermansson said...

Such a lovely card :-)
Thank you for joining our Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee Designs.
Hugs,
Lena (KBD DT)

Tamie said...

I just love the little treasures of the sea! It is a fantastic layout, coloring and inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

Tamie DT

Linda Simpson said...

Love seahorses and this is wonderful, love the bow too. I hope you are having a wonderful vacation.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Bridget said...

Connie,

Such an adorable card! I love how the die you used matches the pattern on the seahorse. Your images are so beautifully colored and work perfect with the water you created. The water is so super awesome! Makes you feel like you are under the sea with the cute creatures :)

I really like the lace you used. I reminds me of a fishing net.

Thanks for playing at Jo's Scrap Shack!

Happy crafting,
Bridget

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is SO sweet. I love your background and how you popped up the cute images.
Hugs,
Teresa

Kim said...

This is so fun! Love your scene.

Sassy Raggedy said...

How adorable...Your card is so lovely. Hope you are enjoying your vacation...Hugs joann

Kathy S said...

I love this sweet underwater scene! So well laid out and love your water elements. Great dimension too! Thanks for joining the Brown Sugar Challenges Animal Challenge!

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

What A fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way...
Thank you for taking part in the Art By Miran Challenge ... Hug Tracy

Andrea W said...

Terrific colors and I really like the shape of your focal area.

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute, so excited to be on the team with you!!!

*Vicki* said...

Really adorable underwater scene here Connie!! Love your take on the sketch and how you've made your water!! :) Hope you are enjoying yourself!! HUGS

Patricia St Martin said...

NC, Wonderful sketch and you did a great job with it. Love the underwater theme. Love the colors and that you made them 3D, nice job on the background. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Thursday.
Hugs, Pat♥

Debi said...

Great card using the sketch and images. Fun die cuts. Like the way you did the water in the background. Hugs, Debi

Davi said...

Love your scene NC, the seahorse looks to real floating there :)

michele said...

Fabulous card :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Felisha - Charming Chic Cards said...

So beautiful!! I love all the details you put into it and your coloring is lovely! Thank you so much for taking part in our Art by MiRan Challenge ♥

ArtByMiran Challenge Blog DT
♥CharmingChicCards♥

Barbara said...

Such a beautiful card. I love all the details in your card. Thanks for sharing at Chalk N Stock. Hope to see you next month too. DT Member

Naz Smith said...

Super adorable. Thank you so much for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs.
http://alohafridaychallenges.blogspot.com.au/
Naz xxx

Kellie 0:) said...

Super cute. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Crafting With Friends.

Helen x

lorby said...

So cute! I love the way you put this card together. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing at Chalk N Stock.